Author Topic: Different USER/Login for Photo/Video/Music  (Read 989 times)

June 18, 2014, 12:09:26 AM
Read 989 times

Indiablo

Hi, I haven't been able to find the answer, so therefore I am asking..

I have all my Video files, Music and Photos on my Synology NAS. From here I would like to access the files accordingly on my WD TV Live, so that I don't have all shared folders under each section, I created a user for Video, one for Music and one for my Photos, making the different folders invisible to the other users, so that the USER with Photo only access, can only see the Photo folder, and if I then choose Photo on my WD TV Live, I could login to the server using this USER's login, only, the Video USER (witch is the first one I logged on to) shows its folders. (I do not get to login with a different user, it only show the network server) and has already saved my USER and Password from logging in with the Video USER. Therefore I get all the folders containing Video and not Photos..

Is it not possible to login with different USERS (with different privileges), on the same Network share?!

June 18, 2014, 09:50:04 AM
Reply #1

mizkitty64

You normally set a default user/password for your WDTV and "forget it."

If you're trying to hide content from certain users...the easy solution is separate devices...one for "kids" and one for "adults"...

June 23, 2014, 05:11:38 AM
Reply #2

Indiablo

But different devices equal double the energy consumption.. :( It would be nice to have some kind of "administrator" section or advanced user, under the WD setup..  ;D