Author Topic: New WDTV Live / Folder Structure and can it do this?  (Read 1008 times)

May 20, 2014, 04:36:23 AM
Read 1008 times

eon_designs

Hello all

This has probably been answered, but as I don't know what to actually call these things I did not know what to search for - So here goes

I currently own a TViX box that is about to die - it keeps crashing so it is time to move on.

I am looking at getting the latest WDTV Live (don't know what the latest gen is called) but it will be this model: WDBGXT0000NBK

My current TViX has its folder structure like this for each movies:

Movies\Inside this are genres (SciFi, Action etc)\Folder called the movie name\ inside this a folder.jpg(folder icon), movie.avi (or what ever type it is) and another picture called tvix.jpg (this is basically a background image created from thumbgen)

For example under Movies\SciFi I have:
Tron (a Folder)
       Tron.mkv
       folder.jpg
       tvix.jpg
Tron 2 (a Folder)
       Tron2.mkv
       folder.jpg
       tvix.jpg
or grouped films:
StarWars (a Folder)
       folder.jpg
       Episode 4(a Folder)
                A New Hope.mkv
                folder.jpg
                tvix.jpg
       Episode 5(a Folder)
                Empire Strikes Back.iso
                folder.jpg
                tvix.jpg
etc

The background images are static (which is what I want) and do not require any access to the internet for populating - they are simply a whole background image with text generated from thumbgen and outputted as a jpg image.

I want to see if this is possible to do on the WDTV Live? and if so what is the correct folder structure. If it is possible I realise that I will probably have to rename some files, but that can be done in a batch operation.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks.