Author Topic: Stream Custom Service?  (Read 1027 times)

April 10, 2014, 06:41:47 PM
Read 1027 times

BigEgyptian

Hi everyone,

Newbie here so please go easy on me; I tried using the search function to look for this info but I couldn't find it.

I'm looking to subscribe to a TV service that allows you to watch 800+ channels.
The reason I'm here is:
To get this service, you need to buy a crappy set top box that's good for nothing, and then pay a monthly subscription fee.

What I'm looking for is a decent set top box that would allow me to watch all the channels offered by this service, & use the box for more stuff like Hulu, Netflix and anything I want. I have no problems paying their monthly subscription fee; it's just the over-priced crappy box that bothers me.

So, my question is:
If I buy a WDTV, can I configure it in a way to watch this custom service's 800 channels?

I apologize if I'm not using the right language to describe what I'm looking for, I just started looking into this whole subject 2 days ago.

If it would help, here's a link to the service's website:
http://www.atnnetwork.com/webshop

Thank you

April 10, 2014, 06:52:30 PM
Reply #1

BigEgyptian

I'm guessing if WDTV will work with the service I'm looking for, I'll also have to flash it with this?
http://tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/how-to-unlock-hidden-features-in-wdtv-live-27756.html

April 14, 2014, 09:16:27 PM
Reply #2

franks

• DeSpammer

I doubt that the WDTV Live would work with the service. I'd recommend looking into getting an XBMC (XBoxMediaCenter) box instead.

April 15, 2014, 03:06:03 AM
Reply #3

Rev Drew

• DeSpammer

and it's doubtful you could even buy a Live or a Live Plus now.
the new "Live Streaming" seems to be all that's available, it's custom firmware is still in it's infancy and very much a work in progress.
You laugh because Iím different, I laugh because youíre all the same.

namaste

www.supernews.com/super-special/?i=ZxJfObJynPQ=