Author Topic: Previously selected content source has been disconnected  (Read 3124 times)

April 09, 2014, 01:41:23 AM
Read 3124 times

some_evil

Hi All,

I have been having problems with my WDTV Live device of late.

While streaming media a very sporadically occurring error keeps happening. I keep getting the message "The previously selected content source has been disconnected. Would you like to browse a different source?".

Now this happens nearly every time I pause a video, but it has been randomly popping up throughout live streaming of a video file.

I have not tested this with audio or photo streaming so cannot comment on that one.

I am running version 2.01.86 of the firmware.

I have a PC connected via ethernet to my modem router, which is WIFI to my WDTV device. I have switched modem routers thinking this was a problem, but this has not changed anything.

I am running a Mezzmo server on my PC, which works perfectly with my Sony Bravia Smart TV. It is only the second TV with the WDTV that is having issues with the server.

The media is from a variety of locations on my PC, from C drive, to Thumb Drives, to external hard drives. That doesn't play a role in the issue.

I am pulling out my hair trying to find a solution. It is not something we can ignore, it can happen up to 15 times during a 30min tv episode.

Please Help!

May 02, 2014, 10:36:23 AM
Reply #1

Tyanon

I have had a similar issue. I get that message usually after I haven't used it in an hour or more. This week however it has progressed to an issue where it even disconnects me during shows which it has never done before, and often when I go to watch a show, it wont even be able to find the sources until I start/stop it.

Maybe the radio is dying?

May 02, 2014, 04:18:19 PM
Reply #2

some_evil

I think that the issue has been fixed with the Mezzmo beta version I am trialing at the moment. I will have to take more notice to confirm the issue is resolved or not...

PS. The damn verification codes on this bl00dy forum are way too difficult!

October 04, 2014, 12:37:12 PM
Reply #3

mikskis

I have same issue now, is there a fix for this!

October 05, 2014, 10:17:40 PM
Reply #4

some_evil

Hi,

Unfortunately my problem was never resolved, I simply was able to run a Cat6 ethernet cable from my study to my media centers, so I was able to 'work around' the issue, rather than fix it.

Sorry i cannot be of more assistance, it gave me problems for weeks. Its a shame I paid extra for a device that allows WiFi connectivity, but cannot utilize it.

FYI I had a brand new router, WiFi 802.11ac, which is apparently the best one I could buy, but it was the WDTV that was the bottleneck.

Good luck! please let me know if you find a solution!

Cheers