Author Topic: Outputting a 5.1 file from premiere pro that plays back on WDTV live  (Read 1258 times)

March 14, 2014, 05:31:51 AM
Read 1258 times

tikigod19

Hi all, I have premiere pro with the surcode 5.1 plugin to export 5.1 mpeg clips (an .m2v and a .ac3 file) however I am having a problem exporting a single file (as the WDTV live can't read video and audio from 2 seperate files) that will enable me to play back in surround sound on the WDTV.

I have just exported a few clips as a test..

If I select h264 and export an mp4 file but then select dolby in the sound options then the sound quality is terrible (surcode is not an option for the audio output if I choose h264)

If I select mpeg instead of h264 I can get nice surcode created 5.1 audio within a single mpeg file, however the picture quality suffers no matter how high I set the bitrate, it gets blocky and full of artifacts and looks horrible.

If anyone has any experience of this and can suggest a file format to allow 5.1 audio and decent quality video in a single file OR a way of trying to get the WDTV live to read a .m2v and .ac3 file then please let me know, I'm desperate as at the moment I'm outputting all of my files in boring old stereo.

March 14, 2014, 06:11:31 AM
Reply #1

tikigod19

actually, I've tried again with the bitrate of the mpeg at 15mbits and the quality is good and 5.1 sound intact, the problem is file sizes. a 5 min clip is over 2gb so really my question is how can I keep this audio level and most of the quality at about a quarter or so of this file size..