Author Topic: Help needed, would really appreciate some help on this  (Read 3182 times)

January 09, 2014, 05:23:17 AM
Read 3182 times

jockmcd

This may be a little long but Im sure it will be an easy answer, I shall start at the beginning.

I own a WDTV HD Media Player which is now not made anymore, along with this I also own a 1TB Passport I put a custom firmware on this some time ago ( THE 1 TB PASSPORT) Think it was sponsored by LILIBABE.

I also just purchased a 2TB PASSPORT as was running out of space.

I have now got my son and daughter a newer version of the WDTV MEDIA PLAYER - which is called a  WD TV LIVE MEDIA PLAYER, which I will be supplying them with the 1TB custom firmware passport , now I don`t want to muck anything up and make there new media player not be able to do stuff it should.

What the best option:

1. Should I just simly plug in to the new WD TV LIVE MEDIA PLAYER with the CUTOM FIRMWARE ON 1TB sponsored by LILIBABE.
2. Do I  restore the original firmware back to its original state on the 1TB PASSPORT ( as I still have both original files + Custom firmware )
3. Is there a better CUSTOM FIRMWARE I should install on the 1TB PASSPORT.
4. Do I delete every single file from the 1TB PASSPORT and plug into the new WD TV LIVE MEDIA PLAYER.

I will be erasing everything that`s on the 1TB PASSPORT as in movies , music etc but should I erase the root files i.e WDTV etc

I think this new player allows them to use as a free view box so they can watch TV on it or something ?

Like I say Im not really used to doing this and previously only done once before ( this was because I had sync issues with .MKV and .MP4 files the the custom firmware worked a treat.

Please can you help me out its her birthday tomorrow and would like to have everything sorted, I really really would appreciate your help soooo much.

Thank you .

Allan.

please if there is any further questions or you need more information / don`t understand please ask me and I shall try and explain, please don`t just ignore the post I am desperate and need all the help going, thank you so much.

Allan.

Will pluging in the the 1TB PASSPORT CUSTOM FIRMWARE SPOSORED BY LILIBABE, mess up the software on the WDTV LIVE PLAYER i.e not be able to use BBCI PLAYER etc is there a newer custom firmware I should install on this, please please help.

Desperado from the UK.

Thx.

Kind regards.

Allan.

Do you need the model number / serial number of the WDTV LIVE MEDIA PLAYER ?

Ok just looked at the box and got some details:

WDTV LIVE STREAMING MEDIA PLAYER

SERIAL : WNC440205754
MODEL : WDBGXT0000NBK- UESN
P/N      : WDBGXT0000NBK-12

Really don`t wan`t to mess it up by plugging in my custom firmware 1TB drive to this, will it do an damage , should I totally wipe all files from Passport or should I install a nice custom firmware to the passport 1TB.

C`mon guys help me out here please, its for my daughters birthday tomorrow if I have no answers then she is just going to have to wait, I am virtually begging for your help your help here.

Thx again and Kind Regards.

Allan.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 10:43:02 AM by jockmcd »

January 09, 2014, 01:46:44 PM
Reply #1

Rev Drew

• DeSpammer

no useable custom firmware is available for the live streaming.
one exists but it is in early alpha stages and not ready for full time use.
You laugh because Iím different, I laugh because youíre all the same.

namaste

www.supernews.com/super-special/?i=ZxJfObJynPQ=

January 11, 2014, 02:24:29 AM
Reply #2

jockmcd

Hi there on that note should I follow the instructions from this site :

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/?family=wdfwdtv_live_g3

Is this the model that I have ?

Also where it says to put the files onto a USB drive would this be my 1tb passport it is talking about ?

Do I totally wipe my 1tb passport root files on it there is:

Folder.wd_tv - inside this is:

edid.bin
ph
wdtv.cas
wdtv.cas.mcd5

also it has other files files outside this folder which are

wdtvhd.bin
wdtvhd.fff
wdtvhd.ver

I cannot remember wether it was the passport or my old media player that I actually installed the custom firmware on ?

Will these files above be automatically overwritten on my passport ( are these the custom firmware files are are they actually on my old media player ( the custom firmware )

As you can see im unsure about plugging in the 1TB passport to the new media player.

Whats the easiest way to do this shoul I erase all files from my 1TB passport, even the folder ?

Sorry for being so useless but but as you say there is no CF for this model so wouldn't want t muck up the new media player.

Kind regards

Allan.

(Its only easy when you know how I suppose)

I am presuming I no longer need the folder and that I should wipe all files from the 1TB passport replacing extra  files with the 1`s downloadable on page link above.

Thank you Alan.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 02:34:20 AM by jockmcd »

January 11, 2014, 04:54:33 AM
Reply #3

Rev Drew

• DeSpammer

that is your player.
download the latest firmware and extract it to a USB flash drive, a smaller one is better, larger drives can hang sometimes.
you want NOTHING else on the drive but the files for the firmware, install it in a USB port on the player and follow the on screen instructions.

ALWAYS safely eject the USB drive from your computer and media player BEFORE unplugging it.
You laugh because Iím different, I laugh because youíre all the same.

namaste

www.supernews.com/super-special/?i=ZxJfObJynPQ=

January 11, 2014, 06:43:23 AM
Reply #4

jockmcd

What about the folder and files on the 1TB hard drive should I delete these ? This is all I have left on the Passport.

Should I delete folder and files and just put the new downloaded files from the linked page on the 1TB Passport ? This is a USB hard drive ?

And follow instructions ?

Thank you for your response.

Allan.

January 12, 2014, 04:14:58 AM
Reply #5

jockmcd

Is it ok to remove the:

.wdtv folder

On my 1TB Passport inside this folder there is:

edid.bin
ph
wdtv.cas
wdtv.cas.mcd5

also on my on 1TB Passport there are 3 extra files in the root:

wdtvhd.bin
wdtvhd.fff
wdtvhd.ver

Looks like on the link - http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/?family=wdfwdtv_live_g3

Its asking me to remove or replace the files on the 1TB Passport with the downloadable files:

Extract the four files (.bi2, .bin, .ver, .fff, and .info files) to the root (top level) of a portable USB drive.

Mentions nothing about the folder so should I leave it there or remove everything and just put:

(.bi2, .bin, .ver, .fff, and .info files) in the root of mu 1TB Passport and load through as per instructions, im usure if it will make anew folder or need to keep this folder there?

Thank you and kind regards.

Allan

Do the files on the passport not matter then will they be updated to the media player`s update after USB flash update has been done ? should I just remove all files from passport or leave them as they are ?

Help.

Kind regards.

Allan.
-------------------------------------------------
All sorted now , thank you for all your help.
-------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 10:36:32 AM by jockmcd »