Author Topic: Not working with QNAP. Can't Stop movie playing and losing share when reboot  (Read 1902 times)

February 07, 2014, 03:04:46 PM
Read 1902 times

ryancharles

QNAP -> ASUS router -> WDTLLive ->Samung TV (HDMI)

I have the following issues

1) After about 15-20 minutes. I can't stop playing certain files. The files play fine through the wdtvlive, but when I hit the stop or home button on the remote I can still hear the movie audio even though the home screen has come up.If I navigate through the menu back to the movie and click on it, it's still there playing! I have even rebooted the wdtvlive and when it comes back up it is still playing, so I think it's a QNAP issue. The only thing that solves it is to reboot the NAS. I read on another post that disabling UPNP on the NAS fixed the issue. I tried that and it appeared to work, but after 15min the problem re-occurred.

2) If I reboot the WDTVLive I lose my network share connection and can't re-establish it. The WDTVLive just tells me it cant find any windows shares to connect to. I have to reset the WDTVLive to factory defaults to get the options to re-connect.

August 25, 2014, 10:58:48 AM
Reply #1

Dolpher

I have almost same issue, so if you have found a solution i would appreciate to hear about it.

I too have a Qnap NAS and i have the same experience as you. The movie (or at least the sound) keeps playing after i hit STOP.

And after that I can not start a new movie. I have to reboot the WD TV. I do not loose the connection to the share when i reboot though.

April 30, 2015, 09:34:12 PM
Reply #2

zipwax

I have the same problem with my QNAP. But I also have the same issue with my Synology Diskstation (yeah I have 2 RAID boxes). I'm using Windows Networking, not NFS. If I play DVD files (in video_ts format), I won't get this lockup. If I use MKV files, MP4 files, WMV files, or AVI files, sometimes I will get the behavior you describe. I think it's simply that the h/w decoders are faulting, and the WDTV software cannot recover it. so portions of the code hangs, and the WDTV software is deadlocked. That's what I'm guessing. WD won't admit it's h/w crashes because they don't know how to fix it. I'm guessing...

May 01, 2015, 08:46:41 PM
Reply #3

Techflaws

• Tech Flaws - Things Can Only Get Better
So the h/w decoders work, but only for a few minutes before they break down?