Author Topic: .srt and dvd iso  (Read 6049 times)

June 17, 2009, 01:47:17 AM
Read 6049 times

rasmusnj

Hi all

I have several dvd iso's with no danish subtitles embedded. I have .srt subtitles alongside the .iso, but the wd tv says no subtitles when I play the movie. The filenames are the same (e.g. abc.iso and abc.srt in the same folder). Any thoughts?

(Right now I'm using LaurentG's pack with b-rads firmware 1.02.07, but I've tried it with original 1.02.07 & 1.02.08 with no success).

Best regards
Rasmus

August 12, 2009, 11:36:08 AM
Reply #1

paulover

I have the same issue.
iso files with external srt subtitles.
I find the embedded subtitles (idx) cause the picture to stutter.
Tried to convert the iso to a single vob.  The srt subtitles work, but with a few iso's I can not sync the subtitles.
I tried to remux the files to mkv format (MPEG2 video) and this solved the srt subtitle issue, but the mkv (MPEG2) movies take up to a minute to start.

Anyway to get srt subs to work with an iso file?
Anyway to get subtitles sync with vob files (it could be true frame rate is in the ifo file and not the vob files)

August 14, 2009, 09:02:05 AM
Reply #2

Whoheart

An ISO is presumably a DVD image, and if its a DVD then its the subtitles in the DVD (if any) which can be displayed - not an external srt file.

You could use Fairuse wizard to make an avi file of the iso, that would then use it - of course you'd lose some quality doing that, but would be fairly easy and would take a couple of hours (you start it and can leave while it works)

Presumably you could convert the srt to the bitmap images required for a DVD and reauthor a new ISO image with the subtitles - this is likely to take a long time, and may only be worth if it you are going to save the material for the future.  I haven't tired that myself. Might be interesting to research a bit to see how time consuming it is.

If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

August 15, 2009, 09:08:11 AM
Reply #3

Whoheart

Here is a tutorial on how you can add subtitles to an existing DVD without re-encoding anything.

Don't know how well it works, can't be bothered to install .Net ;)

http://forum.videohelp.com/topic338721.html
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.