WDTV 1 Forum Groups > ** Bug Reports **

wd tv live continually reboots on youtube

(1/1)

GregryT:
"ditto" on Subject,
& please excuse the newbie Q: but upon entering a search (in discussions) about this problem, `why were no POSTS found? My WDTV live unit's been essentially USELESS for the duration of ownership &
'yes' ...Firmware has been updated. "Where's the cure & how do I get it Downloaded & INTO the thing? ...
(download a file/FIX, then drop & drag it into a thumb drive, then plug it in the USB port of the unit `itself ?? )

I've got PS2 & PS3 units to use as a media streaming alternative, but between the improvising the right cords, connections, and a possible HDMI-to-Analog Converter box being introduced, I don't know which way to jump'

skyak:
I have the same problem!

Sad to see no response.  WD just doesn't value customers!

mizkitty64:
Think the YouTube problem was fixed with an update back in Dec 2013.
Changed the YouTube UI as well.

My WDTV Live SMP works fine on YouTube...firmware v2.01.86.

skyak:

--- Quote from: mizkitty64 on July 12, 2014, 01:11:46 PM ---Think the YouTube problem was fixed with an update back in Dec 2013.
Changed the YouTube UI as well.

My WDTV Live SMP works fine on YouTube...firmware v2.01.86.

--- End quote ---

please forgive my nubishness, but the last official firmware is 1.06.42_b (the one that screwed up my box to start).

Where is this newer firmware?

I see that there are homemade versions on another thread but the link does not work.

mizkitty64:
I've got the Live SMP which had a recent update...Release 2.01.86 (12/10/2013).

Last update for the older Live seems to be...Release 1.06.43 (1/17/2013).

The YouTube problem would cause a reboot after one video...you could skip to the next video manually...but playlists were useless.

Now there's a 5 (or 10) sec countdown between videos...but videos will play automatically.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version