Author Topic: Wd tv live can't see windows 8 and vice versa  (Read 1913 times)

November 17, 2013, 03:05:37 AM
Read 1913 times

alnedru

Okay, I have a really strange problem, and I'll try to describe it here, so maybe someone will be able to help me on this one, because I'm totally stuck and don't know what to do. Before writing on the forum I searched on google and tried some approaches but still without success.

I have: wd tv live, 1 notebook, 1 NAS => all part of workgroup "HOMEGROUP"

Situation before: I had a notebook with windows 8 and I managed to configure that wd tv live could see everything and vice versa. I had shared a folder on my notebook, everything was correct.

Situation now: i sold the old notebook and bought a new one, this one has the same Windows 8, but by some reasons although they are all in the same workgroup this computer doesn't see my wd tv live nor NAS. When i do "net view" i can only see this computer. But on my wd tv live i can see NAS. But this computer doesn't seem to see NAS either.

What I've noticed and this is strange, that when wd tv live i shut down out of the electricity, my notebook seems NAS in the homegroup.

I think this has something to do with Master Browser, because i know wd tv live is higher priority of master browser, because i tried to make once master browser my NAS, but then wd tv live could'nt see the NAS.

So i tried to deactivate windows 8 master browser election, but still there is no change, net view doesn't work and wd tv live doesn't see this notebook.

And i really don't know the differrence what else could it be?

I checked if all needed services are running and they are
I checked the paramters of homegroup again and again and they are set correct.
TCPIP v6 is also activated on the network card.

I'm clueless now, maybe anyone could help me with this? Any help is apprecieted.

December 09, 2013, 09:26:28 PM
Reply #1

hobieone

Hi Alnedru, did you ever get this issue sorted?  I have the same problem and not getting anywhere.

January 01, 2014, 10:41:46 AM
Reply #2

alnedru

Nope not really, but this notebook i don't use anymore so basically on another PC's it works fine all of the parts are part of a correct home group etc ....