Author Topic: Preview: Web play  (Read 20809 times)

June 18, 2009, 12:32:55 AM
Reply #15

redindian

• True Font Family - Any font, any website, any browser
Basically, I do everything in PHP and then execute (exec) a series of remote control commands using eiri.app.bin to navigate to the selected item. Because the GUI is so slow, I'm mounting a directory to the main shares with a name that will show up first in 99% so I can keep the GUI navigation to a minimum. Real good tip from elmarweber.

Problems occur if the WDTV is in screensaver mode or loading a song. It gets real slow then and there is no way of detecting if it understood the command yet. Either I'm going to increase the pauses or I'm going to use event-osd to see if it started navigating. Probably just a long pause in the initial release.

The flash player is JW mp3 player which comes with full source code if you're interested. Check http://www.longtailvideo.com/ for the most recent one, or I can send you the zip with full source code. I'm only using the pre-compiled flash player. It's real easy to use and comes with a playlist PHP script to read a dir.

June 18, 2009, 07:21:16 AM
Reply #16

beanian

i love the addition of the touch features, cant wait to get this up and running. looks great

June 22, 2009, 03:48:05 AM
Reply #17

redindian

I've integrated the code now with my thumb download project. You can switch using a button to thumb and/or movie info downloading. Then switch back to 'playback mode' again.

Thinking about a common 'browse' code and then have 'plugins' that can handle the other stuff, but probably work on that later.

Here is a full preview example of browsing and both ipod and coverflow in a popup:

June 22, 2009, 07:26:16 AM
Reply #18

beanian

cool, looks savage. Is this close to completion yet?

June 22, 2009, 10:10:37 AM
Reply #19

redindian

Yes, pretty much.

June 22, 2009, 01:45:17 PM
Reply #20

redindian

Added a very simple search as a last feature for now:

Going to prepare a release next.

June 22, 2009, 07:52:54 PM
Reply #21

savant

Redindian, this is FANTASTIC!!!! Seriously, you've done an amazing job, I can't wait to install this. Between you and elmarweber you appear to have made the WDTV everything I hoped it would become. Once I get a DTS capable receiver I've completed my home theater journey :)

June 24, 2009, 07:07:20 AM
Reply #22

redindian

Did I say I stopped adding features? Sorry, the search is now programmed in such a way you can have ipod or coverflow view on search results too. And you can play the search results in your flash mp3 player. :-)

June 24, 2009, 08:41:26 PM
Reply #23

kanus

Now you're teasing us :D

Release it already ! ;D just kidding, we can wait.

June 25, 2009, 05:45:24 AM
Reply #24

dcrutgers

Agreed, stop teasing us!

June 25, 2009, 09:59:31 AM
Reply #25

nabster

would be awesome to see your work with iui http://code.google.com/p/iui/ on iphone/ipod touch
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 10:05:52 AM by nabster »

June 26, 2009, 06:27:13 AM
Reply #26

redindian

Shouldn't be too hard, maybe after the first release.

July 02, 2009, 12:38:11 PM
Reply #27

nabster

do you have something new to show? ;-)

July 03, 2009, 12:22:32 AM
Reply #28

redindian

Sure, new control panel.

Was/am going to push for a release, but my car also broke down and work is quite busy, so not much time anymore. And still wondering if it is wise to release before a vacation...

Also improved a lot of the scripts, but the movie info script still needs a uninstall option if you don't like it or want to remove info for certain directories. And the main control panel should warn if you don't have the required optware installed.

So I might push it forward after my vacation.

July 13, 2009, 12:53:54 AM
Reply #29

sgr

awaiting for u to come back from vacation :)
WD TV
USB Hub - DLINK HUB-H7 -http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=149
Cisco SD2005 Gigabit Switch - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10008/index.html
Iomega Home Media Network Storage - http://go.iomega.com/en/products/network-storage-desktop/home-network-hard-drives/home-media/?partner=4750