Author Topic: Getting WD TV to show IMDB/movie posters  (Read 3705 times)

October 28, 2013, 04:58:10 AM
Read 3705 times

nickh90

Hi,

I would love my WD TV device to show more informatie and add some movie posters/thumbnails, like in this tutorial:
http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=3697.msg27487#msg27487

Only problem; this tutorial is from 2009, the firmware i have is much more advanced. What is (today) the best possible way to get this done?

Kind Regards,
Nick

October 29, 2013, 01:37:11 PM
Reply #1

Rev Drew

• DeSpammer

I suspect you have a newer device, like the live hub (with a built in hard drive) or the live streaming (with built in wireless networking), if you have either of those, there's nothing you can do at the moment, they aren't supported.

most of the stuff on this board deals with the original WDTV, the gen2, the live and the live plus, nothing newer.
You laugh because Iím different, I laugh because youíre all the same.

namaste

www.supernews.com/super-special/?i=ZxJfObJynPQ=

November 04, 2013, 10:57:13 AM
Reply #2

nickh90

I suspect you have a newer device, like the live hub (with a built in hard drive) or the live streaming (with built in wireless networking), if you have either of those, there's nothing you can do at the moment, they aren't supported.

most of the stuff on this board deals with the original WDTV, the gen2, the live and the live plus, nothing newer.

Sorry for my late response. I own the HD TV Live. I've given up on showing movie posters, i was used to XBMC, so it's not fair to compair those two. But what i would really like is that it shows the movie/series plot. Now it just says Directer: Actors: Plot: . How can i fill this information?

Kind Regards,
Nick

PS: My WD TV doesn't have a hard drive, it does have Wi-Fi, but that's not what you meant right?

Edit 2: I just found out my WD TV in deed doesn't support pictures. (i have the WDBGXT0000NBK). Would it be wise to sell this device and buy another WD TV? Which would you recommend and what are the main differences?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 01:52:38 PM by nickh90 »