Author Topic: WD TV Live HD have a problem to recognize a usb drive after a movie night  (Read 4384 times)

October 22, 2013, 10:58:41 AM
Read 4384 times

enemybmp

Hi @ all,
i have the problem that my wdtv live HD after a movie night, which lasted about 8 hours, does not recognice any usb drive. When i plug the power cord out that it cools out, i can watch again (I only tried 1 or 2 movies successively every time). At the end of the night, the movies started to bucking, when i checked the temperature (and touched the device) , it froze.

Thanks for helping in advance
enemybmp

P.S. I used google translator, when some things are not understandable (cause it makes no sense), i try it with my school english (i'm serious ;D)

October 22, 2013, 08:46:37 PM
Reply #1

Techflaws

• Tech Flaws - Things Can Only Get Better
Can't remember my longest video night but that sounds like an overheating issue. You're not putting your HDD on top of the player, are you?

October 25, 2013, 10:09:38 AM
Reply #2

enemybmp

No. It stands in front of the TV. The HDD is behind.

November 11, 2013, 11:00:01 AM
Reply #4

enemybmp

Hi there,
i have some new information. I have made a second movie night. The bucking is still there, after some hours. But sometimes it rocognise the hdds like usually with USB1 and USB2 in the main Menu, and sometimes it recognise USB 1 only, when i go into the USB drive, the menu shows the hdds in a list, like movies. When i'd chosen a hdd, will the other one not properly recognized (the half of folders are missing, and in the folders there are no medias.  And sometimes it rocognizes nothing. Could this be software problem, i installed the customfirmware WDLXTV_Live-0.5.1.1. 2 or 3 month ago? It started when i made this movie night some weeks ago. Until then, there was no problem with the the media player.

greeting enemybmp
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 11:11:31 AM by enemybmp »

November 11, 2013, 09:46:47 PM
Reply #5

Techflaws

• Tech Flaws - Things Can Only Get Better
Sure it could and you should mention that you're using custom firmare right from the start. Can't say anything about it, I'm on regular firmware.

November 25, 2013, 10:04:31 AM
Reply #6

enemybmp

At last my solution: i installed the original firmware from western digital. Now it takes longer, but better than nothing ;-) .