Author Topic: nasty symbols while starting a video  (Read 1412 times)

October 06, 2013, 05:03:06 AM
Read 1412 times

Emmentaler Filmtage

hi everyone

i was looking for a solution for quite a while but could not find anything.
we use the wdtvlife player for a filmfestival (www.emmentaler-filmtage.ch) 11 of them...

but this here is very annoying during a screening.

(note: i wanted to upload some screenshots. but the browser gets always stuck.
 there is a rotating orange arrow, and some informations about subtitles and audio showing up while startig the video. looks not nice and has no use for the audience)

is there a way to get rid of it?
the orange rotating arrow shows also up inbetween the films when playing a playlist.

thanks

michael

June 18, 2014, 09:36:53 AM
Reply #1

ActionJax

I would like to get an answer for this as well.  I use my WDTV (wireless version) for streaming video to my Backyard (outdoor) theater.  And I'd like to get it to work so that I can create a play list and it will just play from one video file to the next without stopping and seeing the spinning arrow.  How do we get this feature to stop?

June 18, 2014, 10:45:17 AM
Reply #2

mizkitty64

Have you tried playing locally from a USB drive.
The spinning arrow shows up because the unit is buffering the next stream...streaming high bit-rate over wireless makes it worse.

I think the subtitle label only shows up if it sees a sub file matching the video file...no sub...no label.
If you need subs by default...you could merge them into an MKV container.

June 18, 2014, 07:53:49 PM
Reply #3

Techflaws

• Tech Flaws - Things Can Only Get Better
The subtitle and audio stream message always show up unless you hack the theme like this.