Author Topic: WDTV Software Update 1.02.10  (Read 103996 times)

June 19, 2009, 04:23:14 PM
Reply #30

Greg Aubry

I know, for my part, that I was experiencing lag issues that went away when I reformatted my flash drives from FAT32 to NTFS. I was surprised at how much faster the WDTV seemed to read my drives, too! I don't use external hard drives yet, but when I do eventually buy one, the first thing I'll do is make sure it's formatted correctly for my needs.

June 19, 2009, 11:48:38 PM
Reply #31

juantxorena

hacksrus,

As i notice the 200-500ms sound bug on nearly all of my MKV files, i can only assume that the issue is present its just not everyone notices it. And to be fair to those people, it is very slight. I don't have any issues at all with avi files, just mkv....

Maybe it relates to the actual USB drives? I am using WD My Book Essentials (1x1Tb & 1x500Gb). I notice you (hacksrus) are using passport drives. Could that be the issue?
I can notice a 100ms delay when I add it when playing a file in the computer. It's just that none of my mkv files has any delay when playing them with WDTV, no matter the video, audio or subtitle format. I'm using an 1 Tb MyBook too.

June 20, 2009, 04:50:18 AM
Reply #32

rlarson_mn

I have my videos in a single VOB format and my cover art in jpg form named the name of the movie (not folder.jpg). With this update (which had no issues during the install) my movies play just fine through the entire movie with pause working. FF and FR seem to work but there have been some times when they do not. Probably simply because my movies are in VOB format not the standard formats mentioned. I have my movies on two 1tb WD MyBook external drives. Both connect to the unit and are recognized very fast for the 400+ movies I currently have on them.

June 20, 2009, 05:53:57 AM
Reply #33

fabri22

From changelog of fw 1.02.08
Bugs fixed in 1.02.08:
-Some characters still missing from Greek font
-VC-1 MKVs playback poorly
-Audio out of sync during MKV playback
-10 Minute FF and REV doesn't work during MKV playback
-Audio clipping issues

So i suppose that hacksrus,veadtuck,juantxorena"I can notice a 100ms delay...", & co. did notice mkv audio delay with fw 1.02.07... (WD "certified" bug, read above)
None of you wrote a line here or here.
... bad boys!  ;D (no offence)

« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 06:03:14 AM by fabri22 »

June 20, 2009, 10:17:09 AM
Reply #34

juantxorena

So i suppose that hacksrus,veadtuck,juantxorena"I can notice a 100ms delay...", & co. did notice mkv audio delay with fw 1.02.07... (WD "certified" bug, read above)
1.- I've registered in this forum today. I'm not registered in the other one.
2.- I didn't notice any delay in the mkv files that I played when using previous firmwares.
3.- I can notice a 100ms delay in some scenes when looking for it, like in The Godfather, in the conversation between Michael Corleone and Turk Sollozzo in the Louis Restaurant, when extreme close-ups in their mouths. I bet that most of the people can notice that too.

June 20, 2009, 07:53:57 PM
Reply #35

PCKid

Are there any hidden updates other than the ones mentioned in the update log? Such as improved FF and RW on large files(8GB or larger). I'm running 1.02.08 which did have marginal unmentioned improvement in that area but it still is pretty iffy.

June 21, 2009, 02:23:50 AM
Reply #36

bobosquishy

Worthless update for me. I am still waiting for ISO menu support. But since it is obviously not coming I am looking at the TviX instead.

Would you like some cheese?

http://wdtv.uservoice.com/pages/17442-general/suggestions/182940-full-dvd-iso-menu-support
I reserve the right to ignore you for any reason.

June 22, 2009, 02:32:52 AM
Reply #37

Lister of Smeg

From changelog of fw 1.02.08
Bugs fixed in 1.02.08:
-Some characters still missing from Greek font
-VC-1 MKVs playback poorly
-Audio out of sync during MKV playback
-10 Minute FF and REV doesn't work during MKV playback
-Audio clipping issues

Personally i have noticed this bug in all firmware since 1.02.03. WD listed in 1.02.08 that the sound sync in MKV's had been fixed, but in my case this just isn't true. I think it improved the issue slightly but its still very noticable to me.

I think WD need to stop adding any new features and concentrate on fixing the current issues first. Adding new features is nice, but i want my WDTV to do what it says on the box first and foremost.... and it doesn't and the minute. They could just add a lipsync feature so that people can +/- the sound manually for the time being.
WDLXTV 0.5.8.1
Titi MSheet Mod v2.1.0
Lilibabe Simple & Unadorned v3 OSD Mod

June 22, 2009, 09:15:55 AM
Reply #38

danniee

Worthless update for me. I am still waiting for ISO menu support. But since it is obviously not coming I am looking at the TviX instead.

Would you like some cheese?

http://wdtv.uservoice.com/pages/17442-general/suggestions/182940-full-dvd-iso-menu-support

What does this mean? Does it really mean iso support is coming? If so...oh lord gonna come in my pants...  ;D

June 26, 2009, 06:44:16 PM
Reply #39

chaseincats

I am having a problem with a few of my MKV's where at certain parts of the show (prob about every 10 seconds) the video will stop then jump to catch up while the audio continues to play

after a few minutes the video/audio are extremely out of sync

is their a fix for this or is it a 1.2.10 problem?

Any help would be appreciated,
chaseincats

June 26, 2009, 07:00:54 PM
Reply #40

the_invisible

I am having a problem with a few of my MKV's where at certain parts of the show (prob about every 10 seconds) the video will stop then jump to catch up while the audio continues to play

after a few minutes the video/audio are extremely out of sync

is their a fix for this or is it a 1.2.10 problem?

Any help would be appreciated,
chaseincats

I think I have a similar problem, but not identical. I would lose sound completely while the picture stutters.

That particular problem, for me, is caused by the video being encoded with VC-1.

June 26, 2009, 08:14:12 PM
Reply #41

chaseincats

how did you end up fixing it, just re-encode?

and how did you figure out that was the problem (what is vc-1 and how did you find out it was the encoder)

June 27, 2009, 06:11:54 PM
Reply #42

hozeini

Hi Jay.. I've just upgrade 1.02.10 and so far I'm okay with it as the fixs' not affected on my current usage.

I read over on one of your postage about WD is planning to release WDTV version 2. However, before the support team decommision supporting the upgrade firmware, I wish to suggest an additional feature which one of the remote button was left the usage for; "Search".

I do notice that the "Search" option will be disable during video playback (not sure if it is also affected on audio or photo playback) :P. I'm suggesting that they add a "Scene Search" feature during a playback by using the "Search" button on the remote. Search by frame intervals can be set from 15 seconds up to 5 minutes.

Currently I'm using these feature on my PSP during video playback and I found it very useful. It will show the scene picture in "frame by frame" (the frame will show base on the time intervals we choose, from 15 seconds up to 5 minutes) which I can select to jump to any frame I want.

It is very unfortunate if WDTV do not have these feature as the only rew/ff option we have during playback only speed-up from 2x to 16x not very effective as we do need to wait until we reach to the scene we want it. Same goes to to the "next screen" jump (10 minutes interval) which it is not very useful for 30 minutes or 1 hours video type. :(

I hope you can help to highlight this request to them before they left the upgrade firmware for WDTV 1st version.

Thanks again for your effort on this forum. I hope my suggestion brings good deeds to other WDTV users out there.

Regards!  ;)

June 27, 2009, 07:52:18 PM
Reply #43

PCKid

My guess that the "Scene Search" idea ala PSP and PS3 (which is awesome by the way. If only Sony would let us format HDs in NTFS) would not be possible on the WD TV as the processor is not powerful enough to handle that feature. Gotta remember even the PSP has a pretty powerful processor.

June 29, 2009, 02:04:32 PM
Reply #44

hozeini

PCKid, thanks for your feedback.  ;)

I do hope other users can give better suggestion so we all can fully utilise the "search" button on the remote. I don't think WD engineers design the "Search" button on the remote just for cosmetic purpose ;D. At the least we should have a search mechanism other than rewind/ff.

Anybody out there can spilll out more ideas... ???