Author Topic: WDTV Software Update 1.02.10  (Read 104137 times)

June 16, 2009, 08:42:55 PM
Read 104137 times

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Time for another release!

Prerelease 1.02.10 Here http://support.wdc.com/download/wdtv/WDTV_FW_1_02_10.zip

:)

-----------------------------------------------
FROM WD

This is a prerelease version of the firmware. Feel free to install it but be aware this is beta firmware so use it at your own risk.
If you are not comfortable with this, please wait for the final version.

What's New?

Prerelease 1.02.10 (includes all previously released updates)

Fixed Items:

* Greek subtitles now render properly. Previously they rendered slowly, causing them to briefly flash on the screen.
    * Korean subtitles now render properly. Previously they disappeared during video playback.
    * Playlists play in the correct order. Previously they played files in alphabetical order.

Added feature:

* Metadata support for music improved over previous releases. For example, browsing by genre is broken down into artists, then albums, then tracks.

Known issues:

* A few text strings were not translated properly over different UI languages
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 03:18:12 PM by jayallan »
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

June 16, 2009, 10:45:51 PM
Reply #1

MacSimon

I take it there's no change in the mkv sync issues many of us have been having yet?

June 16, 2009, 10:58:29 PM
Reply #2

~ kyogoku ~

• Personal Text
    ♫..♪♫ One more time, One more chance ♪♫..♪
how can they release it while the 1.02.08 hasn't been release the final version?

June 16, 2009, 11:35:17 PM
Reply #3

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
how can they release it while the 1.02.08 hasn't been release the final version?

They are not required to release every beta as a final lol. 
They refine until they are comfortable with a public release then put out it out.  Could be 1.02.99 before they deem it "public"  Each release can cause unforeseen complications.  This device does a lot of different things, and is used in so many different ways.  That complicates the job of the software engineers who don't always anticipate everything.

In the meantime I encourage you to install this new beta and try it out.   Be part of the solution!   

You can always revert if you have a problem.   ;)
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

June 16, 2009, 11:36:47 PM
Reply #4

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
I take it there's no change in the mkv sync issues many of us have been having yet?

Try it and find out!  And be sure to let us know  :)

June 16, 2009, 11:47:07 PM
Reply #5

breadfan

• tvcatchup.com
I give it a go when I get home...

June 17, 2009, 12:20:28 AM
Reply #6

HomersDK

Sweet. I try this as well.

I had the sync issues in 1.02.08, but then I started to merge the srt subfile inside the mkv and it seems to work fine.

June 17, 2009, 12:52:40 AM
Reply #7

Sakkie

...... it is a great day for the Greek and Korean people !!!  :'(  .... hopefully FEATURE updates asked for, on the Official release.

June 17, 2009, 02:42:41 AM
Reply #8

~ kyogoku ~

• Personal Text
    ♫..♪♫ One more time, One more chance ♪♫..♪

They are not required to release every beta as a final lol. 
They refine until they are comfortable with a public release then put out it out.  Could be 1.02.99 before they deem it "public"  Each release can cause unforeseen complications.  This device does a lot of different things, and is used in so many different ways.  That complicates the job of the software engineers who don't always anticipate everything.

In the meantime I encourage you to install this new beta and try it out.   Be part of the solution!   

You can always revert if you have a problem.   ;)

oo.. ok... :) i think i'll try this pre release coz i experience lots of "no sound problem" for mkv on the 1.02.07

June 17, 2009, 05:12:37 AM
Reply #9

wascallywabbit

Well, after testing this latest release, I am still having some pretty bad sync issues that don't exist in the .03 release. I find it rather disappointing that even after this long, WD adds/fixes some fairly minor issues and leaves this bug in the .07-.10 firmwares  >:(.

June 17, 2009, 05:24:31 AM
Reply #10

MacSimon

Try it and find out!  And be sure to let us know  :)

I did and there isn't  :-[

But then I wasn't too hopeful as it didn't mention it.

June 17, 2009, 05:42:40 AM
Reply #11

Lister of Smeg

This is really annoying. Over a month since the last firmware and all thats been done really is some subtitle tweeks.

The only thing WD should be working on in my opinion should be the mkv sound bug. 95% of my 720p mkv's all have sound sync issues and almost make the player un-usable. I can't bring myself to revert back to .03 because i like the thumbnails and other little features that have been added....

Please WD, will you either fix this MAJOR bug or add a lipsync option to +/- the sound manually.
WDLXTV 0.5.8.1
Titi MSheet Mod v2.1.0
Lilibabe Simple & Unadorned v3 OSD Mod

June 17, 2009, 02:29:36 PM
Reply #12

comp56

This is really annoying. Over a month since the last firmware and all thats been done really is some subtitle tweeks.

The only thing WD should be working on in my opinion should be the mkv sound bug. 95% of my 720p mkv's all have sound sync issues and almost make the player un-usable. I can't bring myself to revert back to .03 because i like the thumbnails and other little features that have been added....

Please WD, will you either fix this MAJOR bug or add a lipsync option to +/- the sound manually.

thats odd, I get nothing of the sort with my 400+ mkv collection? not that I have completely tested everyone but the many I have tested passed....

June 17, 2009, 03:41:30 PM
Reply #13

chauncey

I got excited when I read about the attention paid to music and playlists.  However, this FW did not fix the fact that the filename is displayed instead of the title tag. 

Does anyone else use this to play their music library as well as movies?  I have no issues with my movies, just the title tag during playback of my FLAC files.

June 17, 2009, 04:31:52 PM
Reply #14

jabster

I got excited when I read about the attention paid to music and playlists.  However, this FW did not fix the fact that the filename is displayed instead of the title tag. 

Does anyone else use this to play their music library as well as movies?  I have no issues with my movies, just the title tag during playback of my FLAC files.

I remain convinced that you really need a squeezebox for playing a music collection. :-)

-john