Author Topic: WDTV Software Update 1.02.10  (Read 104031 times)

July 25, 2009, 01:57:06 AM
Reply #60

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Glad we have a level minded MOD on this forum.  Keep up the good work.

Suck-up!   :-*

Thanks for the $50 bobo!  I am giving you 2 more stars.  ;)
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

July 26, 2009, 03:14:30 PM
Reply #61

gzerot

Is their a new Firmware coming out?   Its been awhile, I still have ver .07 installed. - as I had heard their was issues with the newer ones. - So just asking when the next one is due out, or are they delaying this till ver. 2.0 of the system comes out?

Thank you.

G
WD TV Live - Newest update
Quad Core Desktop
Core 2 Laptop
Denon - 3808 Reciever
Sony 40" LCD
Direct Tv HD Reciever
Dlink DIR-655
Dlink DAP-1522
Dlink DNS-323 - Online 3/6

July 26, 2009, 06:11:04 PM
Reply #62

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Is their a new Firmware coming out?   Its been awhile, I still have ver .07 installed. - as I had heard their was issues with the newer ones. - So just asking when the next one is due out, or are they delaying this till ver. 2.0 of the system comes out?

Thank you.

G

No one has any idea and they are not telling  :-X
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

July 27, 2009, 02:40:35 AM
Reply #63

filodoro

Ho GGiornato alla ver.1.02.10_B-RAD.CC_WDLXTV-0.5.5 Se possibile si puņ tornare in dietro
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 10:30:10 AM by jayallan »

July 30, 2009, 01:46:11 AM
Reply #64

primocarico

Filodoro asked (in italian) a question which i'm also interested in. If i install an unofficial version, is it possible to get back to an official version? I would be interested in trying unofficial versions, but i would like to be sure i can recover to something safer.

Many thanks to anyone who will answer.

July 30, 2009, 08:14:01 AM
Reply #65

bobosquishy

If i install an unofficial version, is it possible to get back to an official version?

Yes.  It is easy.  The firmware comes in a zip archive with two files:  wdtv.bin and wdtv.ver.  To install ANY firmware, simply edit wdtv.ver in a text editor so that it has a higher version number than your currently installed firmware.  To find the version number of your currently installed firmware, just go to the system setting menu.  Once installed, the firmware will show as it's true version number, not the one you put in wdtv.ver.

If it sounds complicated to you, don't worry.  It isn't.
I reserve the right to ignore you for any reason.

August 04, 2009, 08:50:41 AM
Reply #66

alon.dayan

Hello Guys,

This is my 2nd post and first of all I want to thank all of you that spend precious time (that could be spent enjoying our great WDTV) helping other people and sugesting and finding a way to put this little magic box working better.

I have a sugestion for the jump funcion (>> + >|) that goes 10 minutes back and forth, that is to have somewhere in the configuration Menu 4 diferent jump times - one for each FF states(x2, x4, x8, x16), so each one of us could chouse if we jump 15, 30 sec, 1, 5, 10, 30 or whatever minutes (back and forth).

I've already programmed my Harmony One to have this sequences for +10, +20, +30 min (and -10,...) directly as sequence buttons.

I hope the official people from WD development team are reading this forum because I'm sure most of the people are here to help.

By the way, if WD dev. team needs all the texts to be translated to Brazilian Portuguese, I'll be more than happy to do it.

Thanks a lot again.

Alon

August 04, 2009, 05:40:11 PM
Reply #67

Whoheart

Oh, I wish they would make a prerelease every week, even if they change small things, just so we get a feel for it.

Like they say in the linux world: Release early, release often.

Helps fight bugs I hear :)
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

August 04, 2009, 08:21:15 PM
Reply #68

~¤ kyogoku ¤~

• Personal Text
    ♫..♪♫ One more time, One more chance ♪♫..♪
I agree with you. 1 bug/update at a time would be so great to have.

August 05, 2009, 12:04:35 AM
Reply #69

tacitus

I have a sugestion for the jump funcion (>> + >|) that goes 10 minutes back and forth, that is to have somewhere in the configuration Menu 4 diferent jump times - one for each FF states(x2, x4, x8, x16), so each one of us could chouse if we jump 15, 30 sec, 1, 5, 10, 30 or whatever minutes (back and forth).

It would have to be off by default.  I just received by WDTV today, and with my non-HD TV, it's hard to see which FF mode you are in (the text is too small, even on a 32" TV).  Optional is fine.

August 06, 2009, 08:30:36 AM
Reply #70

gizbug

Why are they SO SLOW at releasing firmwares????????????
  :'( :'( :'(

August 06, 2009, 12:44:47 PM
Reply #71

Hokeysmoke

Perhaps they're preoccupied with the new product coming out.  1.02.10 has been in "beta" for 7 weeks now.

August 10, 2009, 07:15:25 AM
Reply #72

Guyver

I just bought a new WDTV unit and immediately flashed the unit to this firmware.  However, I'm noticing that USB port #2 shows my drives as being empty when they are not.  Is this a known issue with this firmware?

August 13, 2009, 06:23:59 PM
Reply #73

Whoheart

Time for another release!

Prerelease 1.02.10 Here http://support.wdc.com/download/wdtv/WDTV_FW_1_02_10.zip

Btw, shouldn't the subject reflect this is a PRErelease - so that we might know this by glancing at the subjects.
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

August 15, 2009, 12:25:59 PM
Reply #74

leavethetvon

I really want vorbis support which wasn't introduced until .08, but it's not worth the de-sync issues that still haven't been fixed.  What a pickle! :-\ :'( ??? :o