WDTV 1 Forum Groups > WDTV Official Information

WDTV Software Update 1.02.10

(1/25) > >>

jayallan:
Time for another release!

Prerelease 1.02.10 Here http://support.wdc.com/download/wdtv/WDTV_FW_1_02_10.zip

:)

-----------------------------------------------
FROM WD

This is a prerelease version of the firmware. Feel free to install it but be aware this is beta firmware so use it at your own risk.
If you are not comfortable with this, please wait for the final version.

What's New?

Prerelease 1.02.10 (includes all previously released updates)

Fixed Items:

* Greek subtitles now render properly. Previously they rendered slowly, causing them to briefly flash on the screen.
    * Korean subtitles now render properly. Previously they disappeared during video playback.
    * Playlists play in the correct order. Previously they played files in alphabetical order.

Added feature:

* Metadata support for music improved over previous releases. For example, browsing by genre is broken down into artists, then albums, then tracks.

Known issues:

* A few text strings were not translated properly over different UI languages

MacSimon:
I take it there's no change in the mkv sync issues many of us have been having yet?

~ kyogoku ~:
how can they release it while the 1.02.08 hasn't been release the final version?

jayallan:

--- Quote from: kyogoku on June 16, 2009, 10:58:29 PM ---how can they release it while the 1.02.08 hasn't been release the final version?

--- End quote ---

They are not required to release every beta as a final lol. 
They refine until they are comfortable with a public release then put out it out.  Could be 1.02.99 before they deem it "public"  Each release can cause unforeseen complications.  This device does a lot of different things, and is used in so many different ways.  That complicates the job of the software engineers who don't always anticipate everything.

In the meantime I encourage you to install this new beta and try it out.   Be part of the solution!   

You can always revert if you have a problem.   ;)

jayallan:

--- Quote from: MacSimon on June 16, 2009, 10:45:51 PM ---I take it there's no change in the mkv sync issues many of us have been having yet?

--- End quote ---

Try it and find out!  And be sure to let us know  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version