Author Topic: WDTV v USB HD - Not seeing folders  (Read 902 times)

July 16, 2013, 09:36:31 AM
Read 902 times

pwes

Hi Guys !

The manual almost suggests this is doable, but I can't crack it, and hoping you can help !!

Have WDTV live, connected to NAS via gb hub, which plays about half the content I have without an issue, but some give me the rotating arrow symbol regularly, which is SO annoying in the middle of a movie !!!!

So, I formatted a mybook I had lying around (HFS formatted on a mac), copied my content onto it, and plugged it in via USB (brilliant idea I thought !!)

After much faffing around, back n forth to the manual, I found that pushing red remote button sort of gets me to the USB drive, BUT all my content is listed together - 2dmovies, 3d movies and TV. 

Drive has 3 folders, 2d,3d,TV - TV of course has episode folders, but the whole lot just come up as one HUGE list

I'm guessing that I should be able to add these folders to media or similar, or it should see and deal with the folders on the USB in the same way as it does on the NAS

What am I doing wrong here - PLEASE !!!!!???? >:(

Thanks !

July 16, 2013, 10:46:28 PM
Reply #1

pwes

[hangs head in shame]

I was being an impatient muppet  ::)   I just needed to wait 48 hours for it to catalogue the contents, you can stop laughing at me now