Author Topic: "Unable to play the selected file" error  (Read 1410 times)

July 06, 2013, 06:09:13 PM
Read 1410 times

muriloqa

Hi,

I have a two WD media players, a WDTV Live and a WDTV Live Plus and both have the same problem.

When I'm playing a video file, after some time I cannot pause it. If I do it I get an error message that says "Unable to play the selected file. Please refer to the users manual to see the list of supported formats." I can still hear the video playng on the background and when I click "ok" the image goes back to the video with a blue "loading wheel" on the center of the screen.

The only way to stop the video is unplugging the power cable. If I don't pause the video and watch it until the end, to see another video I have to reset the WDTV otherwise I'll get a black screen with the blue "loading wheel" forever.

I've tried different firmwares and reseting, unplugging, nothing works. Right now I'm using latest firmware. Can someone help me with this issue?

Regards,

Murilo

July 07, 2013, 06:57:56 PM
Reply #1

opex2014

I believe I am encountering the exact same problem - file plays for a while then player stops - says cannot play the selected file.
Further to this - I then take the hard drive with my movies and connect it to my computer and I see that the movie folder (actually it's folders now) has been changed/modified.
Folder icon and all files inside now have a padlock on them. I have tried so far unsuccessfully to remove the padlock or even delete the files - no luck.
Every movie I watch now - this happens to.  I've been using my WD players for years now - love them - any idea why this is happening now and how do we correct?

July 17, 2013, 01:22:59 PM
Reply #2

chenjeffreyyl

Murilo - is this one specific file or all? Have you tried contacting the WD support team?

Opex2014- sounds like the folder is set to read only? have you tried resetting the WDTV? does this problem occur with another usb drive?