Author Topic: Can see all drives but one!  (Read 973 times)

June 15, 2013, 05:55:56 PM
Read 973 times

elektrobank

I have a Windows 7 PC with six HDDs connected and trying to setup network shares on WDTV Live.

For each I have advanced sharing / share this folder with permissions set for everyone and all working ok except for one..! It's share / permissions are exactly the same as the others, I can see it but get the 'There is no media in the current folder'.

Not sure how to troubleshoot here.

September 08, 2013, 02:24:01 PM
Reply #1

burden

I have the exact same problem.  I have one additional bit of information.  I have a WDTV Hub and it sees all of my network W7 drives just fine, but my WDTV Live will see one of the folders, adds it to the media library, but it then when I go to videos, I get "no content" errors.  It has been saying for weeks that it is updating content info, all other folders work just fine.. technically its two folders on the same drive that have the same problem.  All other drives work fine.  Can't figure it out, all sharing settings are the same as my other folders.  All folders work just fine on the hub, but the player's media library refuses to work on these two folders.  FYI - if I just go to the network, pull up the drive manually on the Live box, navigate to the folder, then it sees and plays everything just fine.  Its like the Media Player on the live box has a corrupted entry on this drive.

Any ideas at all? 

September 11, 2013, 10:49:43 AM
Reply #2

CaJazzman

Mine is similar as well, but, I have ps3 media server installed and was working great, up until two days ago. Then I would get just Directv receiver, showing up, and then that disappeared, and I would get the message, " No Content Source Available ", when I try to select a media server. I've checked both the ps3 media server and my Windows Media Player, and they both show my WDTV Live, as renderings, so, then I did a red button restart on the DirecTv receiver, which after that it showed up, but still not the others. I've tried everything from resetting my router, and also resetting the WD TV Live Media player, and restarting it many, many,times. I'm lost at this time why this is happening. Can anyone help?  8)