Author Topic: WD TV Live Plus Not Recognizing New WD External Drives  (Read 1525 times)

June 11, 2013, 02:51:21 PM
Read 1525 times

D. Stevenson

Hi,
I purchased two new WD 3TB external drives (one a My Book, the other an Elements.) My WD TV Live Plus doesn't see them after I've hooked everything up. I have no problem with a variety of other WD external drives but they are older models & none of them has more than 2TBs of memory. I'm wondering if my WD TV Live Plus just can't handle new external drives or drives that are more than 2TBs? That's all I can figure since my older 2TBs (both My Books & Elements( work just fine. Any ideas out there? Thanks!

June 14, 2013, 06:13:15 PM
Reply #1

Buddyboy_4

I have the same problem.  My TV Live unit is about a year old and filly updated re firmware.  It can access my Seagate 3TB drive when it is connected to my PC but if I connect the drive to the Live unit via USB cable, it does not see it.  Is there any way to overcome this?

June 17, 2013, 02:50:59 PM
Reply #2

D. Stevenson

Buddy Boy_4. I found several users at another site that said that the WD TV Live Plus cannot recognize any external drive over 2TBs. That's why it can't interface with my two new WD 3TB drives but has no problem with my 2TBs.