Author Topic: Very Newbie - Linksheets / Moviesheets Confused 1.05.04  (Read 2344 times)

May 01, 2013, 02:53:26 AM
Read 2344 times

vitesse67

Sorry this is a veeerrry newbie question.  :-[

I have read the Wiki etc but I'm still confused.  I'm running the latest F/W 1.05.04 ver 0.5.1.1

quote from Wiki: "Linksheets works on G2, LIVE and PLUS in any newer WDLXTV version!
This is the "old" method of displaying moviesheets
"

Okay so this is the "old" method, I understand the Pro's & Con's.  My main con.  would be the extra time to boot as I want to be able to switch the box and attached 2Tb HD to stby.  However I would prefer the sheets to load fast. - same as everyone else I suppose!

quote from Wiki:"WDTVExt ExtSheet plugin (1.02.21-WDLXTV_LIVE only!)
ExtSheet plugin will ONLY work on 1.02.21 based firmwares!!
"

So this will ONLY work with 1.02.21 base F/W - non other (ie newer?)

This seems to be a improvement over Linksheets as it doesn't need to scan every boot.  But just how much slower are the sheets displayed on a USB attached HD?  A second or two?

But if I do want to go for these do I simply have to flash with 1.02.21?  :-\

I am basically looking for a graphically rich front end with Movie info for the family and network share for me to manage the files.
I have several hundred movies, mostly .m4p (for Apple compatabuility) all in individual folders.

Please help as I need to get this up-and-running in the next week.

System is:
WDTV Live
WD 2Tb USB Hard disk (NTFS)

May 02, 2013, 02:20:33 AM
Reply #1

RavRob

• DeSpammer

Some ppl still run 1.02.21 for the reason you are stating and other valid reasons.

I still run that older version and love it.  The WDTVExt displays sheets fast enouth really.  There could be a fraction of a second delay, not 1 or 2 seconds.  You could flash with 1.02.21 and see how that works and then boot with 1.05.04 via USB stick and see what that gives you and then decide which you prefer.
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television