Author Topic: Wreck-it Ralph issue (does not play)  (Read 1450 times)

February 24, 2013, 07:28:52 AM
Read 1450 times

dbowman

Hi, I'm new in this forum, my apologies if this issue not belong to this sub-group.

I have problems to play a version of Wreck-It Ralph. The file is a .mkv (like the hundreds I've already played with my wdtv live plus box). I don't know the mkv content, I prefer to share the issue in this post first.

Did anybody suffer the same matter ?

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 06:55:34 PM by jayallan »

February 24, 2013, 09:24:19 AM
Reply #1

dbowman

Please find below info related to .mkv contents

February 28, 2013, 11:53:53 PM
Reply #2

franks

• DeSpammer

Which version of WDTV do you have? The original WDTV player, Generation 1 as it is sometimes called, was not compliant with the mkv rules regarding header compression. The earlier version of mkvmerge did not compress headers as a default setting, but versions after 4.0.0 do. If the author of the mkv didn't change the default settings, the resulting file will not run on the Generation 1 player. Run the movie back through mkvmerge to remove header compression or download freeware software that do it as well. There is a big thread on this site that has all the details.  http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=6897.0

March 01, 2013, 05:26:44 PM
Reply #3

dbowman

Thanks for this useful information franks!!! I'll continue the case in the topic you told me.