Author Topic: Newbie with a few questions  (Read 3640 times)

December 07, 2012, 05:26:01 AM
Read 3640 times

GottiWDTV

I apologize in advance if the questions are not up to par with the pros :)
I am a long time WDTV user (3 Boxes) and a 1 day old WDTVLXLIVE Newbie.  If there is a link that explains any of my questions can you just point me to it.

So I wasn't able to upgrade my WDBHG70000NBK model (gen3) but I did have another model wdbaan0000nbk and that was able to upgrade fine.

I upgraded to 1.05.04_V_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV_LIVE-0.5.1.1 successfully and was even able to successfully add WDLXTV_LIVE_PsychoTHC_OSD_MOD_v6.5.3.  I also have ThumbGen working with template Extreme_MixedBlack_1280x720.

Now to my questions:
1. I assume since PsychoTHC is on the flash drive, once i remove it it doesnt work any longer, is it possible to put it at the root of my external drive holding my movies and still get it to work?  Also does anyone recommend a different one other than PsychoTHC or is that the most popular?  I really dont want to keep the flash drive in all the time.

2. I got ThumbGen working with Extreme Template, however when I turn on the WDLIVE i only see folders no names pics themes anything.  I did do some reading and was wondering there was a file I read about called (started with S00....)  could this contribute to my issue?

3.  I saw some genre pics in the following post http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=11203.0 and was wondering two things, 1.  I assume just create the folders and use the jpg as its cover, but is there a way to have your movies go into their proper genre based off its movie sheet and what if it has more that one genre?  I currently have three root folders TV, Kids Movies and Movies with just over 1500 movies on my first external drive in the movie folders alone. How can I get them to show up in their correct genre even if it has multiple ones?  I dont want to move each movie into it genre and if it has two or more i dont want 3 copies of the same movie. Thanks in advance.
Weekend is here and I plan on reading and setting this up so i can take it on vacation with me.

December 07, 2012, 09:40:05 AM
Reply #1

slggl

1. You can put PsychoTHC on root of your hard drive...

2. When you turn on your WDTV, it needs some time to scan your HDD for sheets (LED is blinking and stops when finished)..
You can avoid that and speed up startup process by using a central sheet dir...Read this http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=&t=4871 on how to...

EDIT: I just got that...You have to activate moviesheets in the webend before they show up...

Did you activate moviesheets in the webend?
Open your browser...Type "wdtvlive" as address...."wdlxtv" as username and password....
Click on WDLXTV Config....OSD...At the bottom of the page there are options for moviesheets...
Set....MSHEETMODE to SHEET and activate GENMSHEET, LISTMSHEET, VIDMSHEET and LINKSHEETS.....
Click Save....
When Config is saved reboot your device...Reboot from webend or by pulling the power chord...
Pressing the Power button is not turning off your WDTV completely with CFW...

EDIT: MSHEETMODE depends on which kind of template you used creating the moviesheets...SHEET shows the folders with thumbs at the bottom...STD would show only the moviesheet....

3. I dont know of a way to show movies in different folders/genres...Cant help you on this one...Genre sheets work same way as moviesheets...You create a sheet for a folder named TV_sheet.jpg for example...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 12:22:56 PM by slggl »

December 07, 2012, 11:49:13 PM
Reply #2

GottiWDTV

Thx i copied the Psycho file to the root of the harddrive and it worked.  Still unsure if i should use it as it sometimes shows blank lines with no writing and i am unsure what i am clicking, if i set it to thumbnail mode it helps a bit but still cant navigate in settings, too scared as i'm running blind.

December 09, 2012, 01:22:20 PM
Reply #3

slggl

Had the PsychoTHC set up the same way...On root of my hard drive...Never had problems with blank lines...Removed it for other reasons...