Author Topic: WDTV LIVE shows wrong new firmware version detected  (Read 2903 times)

December 05, 2012, 09:20:20 PM
Read 2903 times

GottiWDTV

I just downloaded 1.05.04_V_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV_LIVE-0.5.1.1 put in on a USB stick, unplugged the WDTV LIVE, plugged it back in with the USB Chip in, it reboots once on its own and then states New Firmware found:
Current version:  1.07.15
New Version :      1.12.14

I choose not to update, why doesnt it see the version on my USB stick.  I delete my wireless profile and it still doesnt detect the USB firmware.  I deleted the usb again recopied the 3 files over same result.  Auto Detect New Firmware is set to ON.

Any Help?

December 05, 2012, 10:27:10 PM
Reply #1

slggl

If version number of WDLXTV on your thumbdrive is lower than your current, it wont be detected as new cause "its older"....

Take a look at the readme file or the http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/Main_Page on where and how to change the version number....

If the new firmware is not found and you don't get a "New firmware found", edit the wdtvlive.ver file and change the first version number to something higher than your currently installed firmware.

Example:

You have 1.02.21.WDLXTV_LIVE-0.4.5.3 running and want to up- or downgrade to any other version, change the content of wdtvlive.ver to

VERSION='1.02.22.WDLXTV_LIVE-0.4.5.3'

If it is still not showing the upgrade notice, it's most likely due to your USB stick. (95% of the cases)
In this case, start over with formatting the drive and copying the files (make sure you safely remove the device after copying!)
If it's still not working, try a different USB stick.

(Nevertheless, you should take a look at the readme and the wikis )
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 10:32:54 PM by slggl »

December 06, 2012, 03:03:25 AM
Reply #2

GottiWDTV

Thanks SLGGL, I understood, and i will try when i get home, but please verify the followup question:
My current version is 1.07.15 , the b-rad version i want to go to is 1.05.04_V.WDLXTV_LIVE-0.5.1.1.
So on my USB stick i will modify the wdtvlive.ver file to a higher level so that it recognizes it:

I will change it to  this:  VERSION='1.07.16_V.WDLXTV_LIVE-0.5.1.1'

Once the upgrade is complete and I go into the SETTINGS and choose About, will the new version read 1.05.04 or 1.07.16?

December 06, 2012, 03:26:50 AM
Reply #3

Rev Drew

• DeSpammer

it sounds like you have the new live streaming, the unit with built in wifi.

there is no WDLXTV custom firmware for that unit.

Code: [Select]
http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/Y_U_NOT_SUPPORT_MY_DEVICE
You laugh because Iím different, I laugh because youíre all the same.

namaste

www.supernews.com/super-special/?i=ZxJfObJynPQ=