Author Topic: Videocard accelerated encoding - CUDA Geoforce / NVIDIA users  (Read 1213 times)

June 14, 2009, 12:25:26 AM
Read 1213 times

3dxr

• Global Moderator

Hello

MediaCoder Free GUI frontend is now supporting also CUDA accelerated encoding
for example Quad 2 Core 2.6ghz is with 4 threads available encode with x264 encoder upto 37fps
but with CUDA HW support is able encode 2x times faster upto 67fps

non technically people who have CUDA Geforge cards series 8 and higher with latest drivers are able encode DVD in half time
90m movie in 40-45m single core cpu boxes without HW acceleration need few hours 3-5h depends on config complexity or matarial and cpu freq

June 14, 2009, 10:05:39 AM
Reply #1

Scoops

• Personal Text
    Urban Shocker
A list of CUDA enabled video cards is available here.

GPU-Z can give you handy info about your graphics card.
fw 1.02.10 | Western Digital MyBook 500GB | Transcend JetFlash V30 4GB | Composite out
Thumbnail help

June 14, 2009, 11:15:35 AM
Reply #2

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
This is great information!

Are all those cards on the list Cuda enabled? 

I have a Geforce 8800 GT which is on the list, but there are so many different brands of that card.  Or is it (as I am assuming) chip based?

Also, the GPU-Z program is great, but it does not mention Cuda anywhere. 

WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

June 14, 2009, 10:02:43 PM
Reply #3

Scoops

• Personal Text
    Urban Shocker
It's all about the chipset (and RAM), vendor shouldn't matter (as far as I'm aware). That said, different cards offer different speed boosts, as you'd expect with different clockspeeds and architectures.

And no, GPU-Z doesn't tell you if you have CUDA, but if you're less up on the specs of the card in your computer, it can tell you what they are.
fw 1.02.10 | Western Digital MyBook 500GB | Transcend JetFlash V30 4GB | Composite out
Thumbnail help