Author Topic: Subtitle in Yellow?  (Read 9779 times)

June 13, 2009, 06:04:59 PM
Read 9779 times

ehkova

Hi All,

Any body had success trying to make a yellow subtitle?

A yellow idx/sub inside a mkv will work?

Thanks for this great forum!
Eh Kova

June 14, 2009, 01:31:01 PM
Reply #1

bobosquishy

I reserve the right to ignore you for any reason.

July 27, 2009, 10:40:16 PM
Reply #2

Knolan

If you are able to convert your Subtitles the nice Programm "SubtitleCreator" should solve your Problem.
You can change the Subtitle Colour with this.
WDTV Live 1.04.17 Official > HDMI > Samsung UE 46" B6000. Audio HDMI to Onkyo TX-SR 507. Speakers Teufel

August 07, 2009, 06:52:04 PM
Reply #3

vincent

If you are able to convert your Subtitles the nice Programm "SubtitleCreator" should solve your Problem.
You can change the Subtitle Colour with this.

I did, but it doesn't work as well. I think that is WDTV palyer's problem.

August 14, 2009, 09:14:17 AM
Reply #4

Whoheart

Yuck - yellow text *g*

No no, subtitles on a semi transparent backdrop, that's the ticket :)
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

August 14, 2009, 04:51:25 PM
Reply #5

bobosquishy

Yellow subtitles are actually pretty desirable, especially in cases where there is a lot of white stuff already on the screen and/or foreign language hard subs which happens a lot in asian stuff.  The soft subs get very difficult to read under these circumstances even if they have thick borders.  In addition to helping in such cases, making the subs yellow would also just make them easier to read in general anyway, especially to those with "partial visual impairments".

August 15, 2009, 09:06:32 AM
Reply #6

Whoheart

Well clearly I don't agree. Amusingly enough just last night i came across yellow outlined fonts and it was close to unreadable - i was cursing all the while. White body, black outline, thanks.

Of course just letters is generally bad, and I would prefer all subs to be like in many European countries, with as i said on a transparent backdrop, like this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/frankvaneykelen/2384581057/sizes/l/
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

August 15, 2009, 06:45:21 PM
Reply #7

bobosquishy

yellow outlined

Yeah that would suck.  Using yellow for the outline seems pretty dumb.

August 20, 2009, 01:46:47 AM
Reply #8

~ kyogoku ~

• Personal Text
    ♫..♪♫ One more time, One more chance ♪♫..♪
Yellow subtitles are actually pretty desirable, especially in cases where there is a lot of white stuff already on the screen and/or foreign language hard subs which happens a lot in asian stuff.  The soft subs get very difficult to read under these circumstances even if they have thick borders.  In addition to helping in such cases, making the subs yellow would also just make them easier to read in general anyway, especially to those with "partial visual impairments".
I agree with you. And I would love to see this feature on the next update. outlining & shadowing would also help cause the existing plaint white text is not so comfortable to see.

September 29, 2009, 07:18:10 AM
Reply #9

Pangadaywalker

When I bought I was hoping for the yellow subs as well.

Today I am so used to that I don't want to the yellow anymore. Not desireable at all....

White with thick black bords are ok.

But they should put some options and let everyone decide which form to use.

That would be the must....
My set:

September 19, 2010, 03:52:14 AM
Reply #10

Vanto

• Personal Text
    Hex, Bugs and Rock&Roll
When I bought I was hoping for the yellow subs as well.

Today I am so used to that I don't want to the yellow anymore. Not desireable at all....

White with thick black bords are ok.

But they should put some options and let everyone decide which form to use.

That would be the must....
I'll back up this, as-well
but
the question remains !?
Is there a way to change subs in yellow
I think yellow is by default more eye-friendly 

October 06, 2010, 11:08:59 AM
Reply #11

Pangadaywalker

For WDTV Generation 1 NO! There is no way since the Gen 1 has a problem in the bitmap structure so it doesn't recognize nothing besides White, Gray and Black.

For Gen 2 and Live this table was fixed and so yes. There is some tutorials to create SUB file with Yellow legend.

Search and you will find!

Cheers.
My set: