Author Topic: CFW For WDTV Live  (Read 7836 times)

November 22, 2012, 08:07:14 AM
Read 7836 times

cunny

Hi guys

Quick question/problem

I have a WDTV streamer PN WDBAAP0000NBK-01

I have tried to flash 2 CFW to it from USB device(s). The wdtv can see a update once i change the ver number however its stalled on 0% all the time.

As i said have tried 2 CFW and 2 usb devices. It also takes the official fw not an issue as had to recover it a few times today :)

Also would this device support sheets as this is the whole purpose of me messing with this.

Could someone please point me in the right direction

TIA

November 22, 2012, 08:56:11 AM
Reply #1

slggl

According to the WIKIDLXTV your model number WDBAAP0000NBK belongs to a WDTV Live, NOT the WDTV Live Streaming [Gen3]...

The WDTV Live Streaming [Gen3] model numbers are WDBHG70000NBK and WDBGXT0000NBK....

First of all you should find out what model your device is..Then grab the right CFW....

Just checked my own device...Same model number...What you have is a WDTV Live...
There are flash and non-flash versions of teh CFW...
Non-flash runs from attached USB drive, flash is permanent, so you can unplug thumb drive after sucessful install...
To use the non-flash version you need an older already installed custom firmware though..So no option for you...

The version you need is this one....

1.05.04_V-WDLXTV-Live-0.5.1.1 [flash]
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 09:10:07 AM by slggl »

November 22, 2012, 09:11:18 AM
Reply #2

cunny

Yeah it is the WDTV live, sorry about that, so which fw do i need?

November 22, 2012, 09:20:09 AM
Reply #3

slggl

See edited post above...
The device supports moviesheets...You have to put some work into it though....
LINKSHEETS for IDIOTS @ forum.wdlxtv.com

November 22, 2012, 12:34:29 PM
Reply #4

cunny

Awesome thanks for all the info. I will post to let you know how i get on

November 22, 2012, 03:44:50 PM
Reply #5

cunny

I can get the sheet info jpg but not the backdrop, any ideas?

Thanks for all the help btw

UPDATE

The only thing i can seem to get now is the backdrop, wall paper that should appear behind the files. On browsing files i can get the thumbs just no backdrop
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 12:36:24 AM by cunny »

November 23, 2012, 01:41:08 AM
Reply #6

slggl

I assume you are using Thumgen to generate your moviesheets...
And if get this right, you get all the info and covers needed besides the backdrops?
You can set "Collectors" in the beginning...Try to set some more...You can set a collector as "info" or "cover" collector...
Try a few...I had 6 collectors selected...MoviePostersDB.com as cover collector...
I had some files where no backdrop was found by the collectors too...Also some backdrops were found that i didnt like...
In this case, you can search a backdrop manually in your browser and just drag and drop it into thumbgen...
Seach for an image by movie name and make sure it has the best resolution possible (1280 x 720).....

EDIT: Make sure you have set the maximum file size for moviesheets to 500000 bytes in thumbgen options/moviesheets cause your WDTV wont show it if bigger than 500KB....
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 02:01:25 AM by slggl »

November 23, 2012, 03:38:39 AM
Reply #7

cunny

Thanks

I can get the sheet for the films, folder jpg's are showing browsing, should the sheets be auto loading when i open a folder

for instance if i created and opens d:\brave1080p\ with my WDTV should the sheet auto load here or do they have to be manually loaded.

You have given me allot of help and thanks

November 23, 2012, 04:35:57 AM
Reply #8

slggl

Did you activate moviesheets in the webend?
Open your browser...Type "wdtvlive" as address...."wdlxtv" as username and password....
Click on WDLXTV Config....OSD...At the bottom of the page there are options for moviesheets...
Set....MSHEETMODE to SHEET and activate GENMSHEET, LISTMSHEET, VIDMSHEET and LINKSHEETS.....
Click Save....
When Config is saved reboot your device...Reboot from webend or by pulling the power chord...
Pressing the Power button is not turning off your WDTV completely with CFW...

EDIT: MSHEETMODE depends on which kind of template you used creating the moviesheets...SHEET shows the folders with thumbs at the bottom...STD would show only the moviesheet....
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 04:51:54 AM by slggl »

November 23, 2012, 05:13:36 AM
Reply #9

cunny

That was it :D thanks allot for the help given my WDTV another lease of life now as mrs was moaning she dint know what movies were about

November 23, 2012, 05:22:37 AM
Reply #10

slggl

No problem ;)

I guess you have used the default template in thumbgen...There are way better ones out there...
You can change them without having to scan all the infos again by using the infos already generated and saved in info and tgmd files...Just google for thumbgen templates and how to's...

You will also have noticed, the WDTV takes some time so scan your HDD for the moviesheets (blinking LEDs)...
There is a way to avoid that, but thats more advanced...Get used to WDLXTV first...
You will make changes to your setup though....

November 23, 2012, 07:47:26 AM
Reply #11

cunny

1 last thing.

The sheets load fine now, apart from i cant seem to get the sheet and icons seperate, it gets a little hard to read, i have tried in wall mode ect but cant seem to seperate the 2, any ideas?

November 23, 2012, 08:03:10 AM
Reply #12

RavRob

• DeSpammer

In the menu of your WDTV or in the webend select STD for mode and the thumbs will be gone....or I should say they will be hidden.
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

November 23, 2012, 08:04:58 AM
Reply #13

slggl

EDIT: MSHEETMODE depends on which kind of template you used creating the moviesheets...SHEET shows the folders with thumbs at the bottom...STD would show only the moviesheet....

Moviesheets are simple image files...You cant change them afterwards, like make them smaller to fit the icons underneath...
If u have used the Default Moviesheet Template for STD mode in Thumbgen, thats what you have to set in the Webend Moviesheet Options...MSHEETMODE = STD.....
Only the moviesheets will be shown...Without icons because, like you noticed, they would cover up parts of your moviesheet..

If you want the icons to be shown, you have to use a template for SHEET mode...And set MSHEETMODE to SHEET in the Webend Moviesheet Options....

You got two options now...Change MSHEETMODE to STD...Or generate new sheets with a SHEET template...

STD mode template

SHEET mode template