Author Topic: Can't figure out how to get movie sheets to work  (Read 2713 times)

November 12, 2012, 12:36:58 PM
Read 2713 times

ginch

I've watched the videos, read blog posts, and I think I've done everything properly, but I can't get the movie sheets to work at all and it's really starting to irritate me. I hope someone on the forum can walk me through what I'm missing, and I'll try and post as much info as I can.

I've always used my WDTV by streaming from my PC with TVersity. In an ideal world, I would like to continue to stream from my PC and have movie sheets displayed - but if this isn't possible, I'd resort to attaching an external HDD to the WDTV.

Setup

I have installed the b-rad firmware 1.05.04_V-WDLXTV-Live-0.5.1.1 [flash] from the wdlxtv.com forum.
FW Base: 1.05.04 Device: WDLXTV_LIVE
Latest version: 0.5.1.1 Current version: 0.5.1.1

- Hard drive is formatted as NTFS

I installed thumbgen and have the following files located on my external hard drive.  There are multiple movie files and folders located on the external drive, but I am using 1 movie as a sample to determine if movie sheets can work.

magicmike.avi
magicmike.avi.tgmd
magicmike.avi_sheet.jpg
magicmike.jpg
magicmike.nfo

In the root of the external hard drive I placed the S00custom-options file. I uncommented the following lines:

config_tool -c VIDMSHEET=ON
config_tool -c GENMSHEET=ON
config_tool -c LISTMSHEET=ON
config_tool -c LISTNUM=12
config_tool -c THUMBRESO=180x240   # 10

I did NOT install Psycho's OSD theme.

I logged into the WDTV Live and enabled the following options:

GENMSHEET
LISTMSHEET
VIDMSHEET
LINKSHEETS
MSHEETMODE = Standard
MSHEETDIR = BLANK
DEFAULTSHEET = BLANK

The sheet directories are blank because the video and tutorials I've read appear to reference linux paths, and all my stuff is Windows-based, either NTFS or FAT32 (when using a thumbdrive)

This is very frustrating, I just can't seem to get the movie sheets to work, and this is the whole reason I flashed my WDTV. Can anyone please help or offer some tips?

Thanks.

November 12, 2012, 01:43:55 PM
Reply #1

RavRob

• DeSpammer

I don't think you can see moviesheets as we know it using a program such as TVersity or Serviio.  But you can still stream from your PC if you care to xmount the drive and stream via NFS using HaneWin or FreeNFS.  Works great and you can have access to moviesheets.

As a side note, your setup looks right.  You still need to disable WDTVExt in the WebFrontEnd Configurator.

Here is the wiki entry on NFS
http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/Main_Page#NFS_Sharing
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

November 12, 2012, 03:25:57 PM
Reply #2

ginch

RavRob:

Thanks for verifying my existing config.  I double checked and ensured that WDTVEXT='OFF', so with everything in place, I still don't understand why I'm not seeing any movie sheets when I power on my WDTV with attached drive.  The drive is NTFS formatted, there are multiple movie files and folders on it, (including the S00 file) but there is only 1 movie that is setup with moviesheets - should I not see at least that 1 moviesheet?

I even tried hitting the 'Option' button on my remote which changes between file list, preview mode, etc etc, but that makes no difference.

Does the drive need to be formatted another way? Is there something else you can suggest I try? Am I required to use / install the psycho OSD?

Once I can get it to work on an attached hard drive, I'll work on getting it to work with the NFS share.
Thanks!

November 12, 2012, 04:58:51 PM
Reply #3

RavRob

• DeSpammer

I am not sure what you may be missing.  Maybe try this msheetdir migrating guide
http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4871
I am sure it will help you figuring it out
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

November 21, 2012, 01:23:40 PM
Reply #4

slggl

I dont know what you need the S00custom-options file for....You can set all options in the webend....I had no problems setting up moviesheets without it...

S00custom-options override WEC options...
Custom firmware is linux based..Thats why ppl use linux paths...
You dont need to set the path though as long as you dont use a central moviesheet folder like described in the "msheetdir migration guide" ravrob was talking about...

Also make sure, moviesheet jpg's are <500 KB.....
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 04:21:30 AM by slggl »