Author Topic: Add and browse torrents via OSD  (Read 26293 times)

June 16, 2009, 12:57:32 PM
Reply #60

zaphod beeblebrox

IT WORKS PERFECTLY (just like you said Rezmus)! I'm very satisfied right now  ;D

a big THANK YOU to Ninja, obviously, but also to anyone that gave me tips to fight my newbiness  :)

June 17, 2009, 10:54:42 PM
Reply #61

EM1PWR

Sorry for being such a newbie, but how does one set up RTorrent?  I have done everything else and it all seems to be working.  The directories are there, My_TV_RSS is populated?

I confuse when RTorrent is mentioned....

June 18, 2009, 07:24:46 AM
Reply #62

ninja76

Sorry for being such a newbie, but how does one set up RTorrent?  I have done everything else and it all seems to be working.  The directories are there, My_TV_RSS is populated?

I confuse when RTorrent is mentioned....

http://b-rad.cc/?s=rtorrent

b-rad has a great how to for rtorrent

June 18, 2009, 07:29:11 AM
Reply #63

dcrutgers

Hey Ninja, How are the new features coming along?

June 18, 2009, 07:45:29 AM
Reply #64

ninja76

Hey Ninja, How are the new features coming along?

What features ?  ;)

Honestly I have been slacking a little and rtorrent keeps crashing my WDTV. 
What features in particular are you interested in the most?

June 18, 2009, 07:47:47 AM
Reply #65

dcrutgers

- Allow for multiple feeds (Future improvement)
        - Whats_on_Tonight (Another future feature that will pull TV guide info)

July 13, 2009, 04:04:45 PM
Reply #66

zaphod beeblebrox

Anyone is still using this? I think this is one of the best applications on the WDTV...I am trying to make it work properly  but I am still missing three things:

1) some rss feeds work properly (i.e. http://www.mininova.org/rss.xml?user=xsaimex )... Instead my yahoo pipe (http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_id=XXXX&_render=rss) don't work anymore.. Here the error message if I run getrss.pl:

Code: [Select]
not well-formed (invalid token) at line 4, column 88, byte 160 at /opt/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/mipsel-linux/XML/Parser.pm line 187
Anyone knows how to solve this?

2) Is there any way to define an automatic routine (like utorrent does)? If I can obtain an rss feed with only the shows I want to download, then I'd like to download them automatically

3) Also (rtorrent issue): if I use my NFTS hhd as the target of the download, there is some "chunk error".. "device non exististing" or something like that.. I am still dubious..Can or cannot an NFTS drive work with rtorrent via USB? (it is no volume problem.. I typed the .XXXX..XX with the dot at start)

If anyone can solve any of these issues... You are my saviour! :-)

October 24, 2010, 10:08:13 AM
Reply #67

halfling85

Anyone is still using this? I think this is one of the best applications on the WDTV...I am trying to make it work properly  but I am still missing three things:

1) some rss feeds work properly (i.e. http://www.mininova.org/rss.xml?user=xsaimex )... Instead my yahoo pipe (http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_id=XXXX&_render=rss) don't work anymore.. Here the error message if I run getrss.pl:

Code: [Select]
not well-formed (invalid token) at line 4, column 88, byte 160 at /opt/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/mipsel-linux/XML/Parser.pm line 187
Anyone knows how to solve this?

2) Is there any way to define an automatic routine (like utorrent does)? If I can obtain an rss feed with only the shows I want to download, then I'd like to download them automatically

3) Also (rtorrent issue): if I use my NFTS hhd as the target of the download, there is some "chunk error".. "device non exististing" or something like that.. I am still dubious..Can or cannot an NFTS drive work with rtorrent via USB? (it is no volume problem.. I typed the .XXXX..XX with the dot at start)

If anyone can solve any of these issues... You are my saviour! :-)

I know this thread is really old but I have had some great success with this program!

I got it working, and, even though I know next to nothing about code, I was able to get it to support multiple feeds!! :)

I have 7 feed folders displaying on my WDTV.

Yahoo Pipes doesn't work because it is Yahoo pipes, it isn't the fault of this software from what I can tell online.

Oh, and I am using Utorrent on my PC rather than using Rtorrent. I am pretty much just reading feeds on the WDTV, then when I click them, they send the torrrent file to a watch folder (windows share) on my pc which initiates the dowload in utorrent which puts the video file in a folder that is shared with the WDTV via Samba.app.bin.

I know a lot of people are leaving the WDTV for greener pastures (like the Live+) but I am broke :) so this is a great free upgrade for me :).

Thanks,
Halfling

September 01, 2013, 06:38:23 AM
Reply #68

arfgh

links are dead, please reshare