Author Topic: Add and browse torrents via OSD  (Read 25985 times)

June 12, 2009, 06:18:40 AM
Reply #15

zaphod beeblebrox

Umm... I followed every step but I have one big trouble.. I am able to create the TorrentTV directory and subdirectories (even if in ftp the 00Active Torrents is shown only as 00Active ) but when I reboot there is no trace of them...

Have any of you the same problem? Maybe I have to change some permits in order to properly write into /tmp/media/usb ?

Thank in advance.. keep up the good work :-)

June 12, 2009, 06:53:55 AM
Reply #16

ninja76

It is because the getrss.pl script cleans out the old directories before fetching the new stuff but the script is coded not to remove directories that match either "00Active Torrents" or "00Completed".  So wherever these directories live must support special characters in their name (etc.. spaces).  If everything is setup correctly WDTV should see the full directory name at "00Active Torrents" in the /tmp/media/usb/TorrentTV directory.  Is it creating the directories for each torrent?

June 12, 2009, 06:56:06 AM
Reply #17

ninja76

Another important note:  This has only been tested on the WDTVLX I haven't tried it with ext3

June 12, 2009, 07:04:06 AM
Reply #18

ninja76

Umm... I followed every step but I have one big trouble.. I am able to create the TorrentTV directory and subdirectories (even if in ftp the 00Active Torrents is shown only as 00Active ) but when I reboot there is no trace of them...

Have any of you the same problem? Maybe I have to change some permits in order to properly write into /tmp/media/usb ?

Thank in advance.. keep up the good work :-)

Also try running the getrss.pl from the command line to see if it works instead of rebooting.   perl /apps/TorrentTV/bin/getrss.pl

June 12, 2009, 07:32:29 AM
Reply #19

zaphod beeblebrox

Also try running the getrss.pl from the command line to see if it works instead of rebooting.   perl /apps/TorrentTV/bin/getrss.pl

Hese is the output:

# perl /apps/TorrentTV/bin/getrss.pl

Can't locate XML/Simple.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /opt/lib/perl5/5.10.0/mipsel-linux /opt/lib/perl5/5.10.0 /opt/lib/per                 
l5/site_perl/5.10.0/mipsel-linux /opt/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0 .) at /apps/TorrentTV/bin/getrss.pl line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /apps/TorrentTV/bin/getrss.pl line 1.

I have ext3-boot.. So probably that's the reason it doesn't work.. Too bad.
I am really a newbie on all this so I have no idea if it will be easy to do a new release that works on ext3-boot.. In any case thanks for sharing :-)

June 12, 2009, 07:41:27 AM
Reply #20

rezmus

Code: [Select]
mkdir -p /opt/lib/perl5/5.10.0/XML
wget -O /opt/lib/perl5/5.10.0/XML/Simple.pm http://search.cpan.org/src/GRANTM/XML-Simple-2.18/lib/XML/Simple.pm

edit: fixed link.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 10:22:56 AM by rezmus »

June 12, 2009, 08:14:42 AM
Reply #21

ninja76

Code: [Select]
mkdir -p /opt/lib/perl5/5.10.0/XML
wget -O /opt/lib/perl5/5.10.0/XML/Simple.pm http://search.cpan.org/dist/XML-Simple/lib/XML/Simple.pm

Thanks rezmus.  I forgot XML-Simple isn't in the libxml package. 

June 12, 2009, 08:18:37 AM
Reply #22

ninja76

I don't see any reason why it should not work with ext3-boot.  I would think as long as all the requirements are there it should be fine.  Only testing will tell!

June 12, 2009, 08:22:41 AM
Reply #23

dcrutgers

I had to download simple.pm, and now it can find the module.. However, I'm getting errors like this:

Bareword found where operator expected at /opt/lib/perl5/5.10.0/XML/Simple.pm line 4, near ""stylesheet" href"
        (Missing operator before href?)
Bareword found where operator expected at /opt/lib/perl5/5.10.0/XML/Simple.pm line 4, near ""http://st.pimg.net/tucs/style.css" type"
        (Missing operator before type?)
Bareword found where operator expected at /opt/lib/perl5/5.10.0/XML/Simple.pm line 8, near "<title>XML::Simple"
        (Missing operator before XML::Simple?)
String found where operator expected at /opt/lib/perl5/5.10.0/XML/Simple.pm line 16, near "&middot; <a href=""

June 12, 2009, 08:32:37 AM
Reply #24

ninja76

I had to download simple.pm, and now it can find the module.. However, I'm getting errors like this:

Bareword found where operator expected at /opt/lib/perl5/5.10.0/XML/Simple.pm line 4, near ""stylesheet" href"
        (Missing operator before href?)
Bareword found where operator expected at /opt/lib/perl5/5.10.0/XML/Simple.pm line 4, near ""http://st.pimg.net/tucs/style.css" type"
        (Missing operator before type?)
Bareword found where operator expected at /opt/lib/perl5/5.10.0/XML/Simple.pm line 8, near "<title>XML::Simple"
        (Missing operator before XML::Simple?)
String found where operator expected at /opt/lib/perl5/5.10.0/XML/Simple.pm line 16, near "&middot; <a href=""

Looks like an issue with the Simple::XML

try creating another perl script with this single line:

use XML::Simple;

Then run it.  If XML-Simple is okay is should return nothing.  If it continues to display the same errors try to re-download XML-Simple.

I guess I should rewrite getrss.pl to just use XML-Parser which is included in libxml  Oh well live and learn.  I don't understand why XML-Simple would not be in libxml???

Thanks for testing!

June 12, 2009, 09:32:10 AM
Reply #25

zaphod beeblebrox

@Ninja76

Nope.. I created the dir and update xml-simple.. then I tried to run perl script, even the last single command you wrote. It gives a very long output error similar to dcrutger's one.

June 12, 2009, 09:49:16 AM
Reply #26

dcrutgers

Fixed:  The link that Rezmus provided was incorrect, use this link to download Simple.pm and it will work as advertised..

http://search.cpan.org/src/GRANTM/XML-Simple-2.18/lib/XML/Simple.pm

Also make sure your directories are created before running it.

June 12, 2009, 10:20:28 AM
Reply #27

rezmus

yep, pasted wrong link (it was trac style file not .pm itself), fixed post.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 02:45:40 AM by rezmus »

June 12, 2009, 10:25:05 AM
Reply #28

zaphod beeblebrox

ok.. simple.pm by dcrutgers works..

I got the directories and the subdirectories for the shows.. Still I was not able to create the 00Active Torrents directory. I did it manually through ftp, chose a tv show to download but i did not find the .torrent file in the 00Active torrents folder.

After reboot I cannot see the folders no more (probably because the wget command should be done after every reboot until new release comes?)

I can still see the shows folders in the tree (via ftp) but cannot open them..

Also: I fear that rtorrent.conf has some problem with the 00Active Torrents foledr name since when I try to force rtorrent to start from config file (screen rtorrent -n -o import=/opt/etc/rtorrent.conf) it gives me an error related to the string where 00Active torrents is written.

I hope I explained myself  :P

June 12, 2009, 11:32:02 AM
Reply #29

dcrutgers

I had no problems viewing the directories, I see the torrent file as well. I was able to replicate that when the box is rebooted the folders are gone.  Hmm, I ran the script again and rebooted, the directories were not deleted this time..  Looks like we are good to go!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 12:48:35 PM by dcrutgers »