Author Topic: WDTV Gen2 Firmware help, please.  (Read 1462 times)

September 17, 2013, 05:04:09 AM
Read 1462 times

lloyde1

I know you are going to hate me for asking this but how do I install WDLXTV on a Gen 2 running on stock firmware "WDTV_1.01.77". I have spent hours/days reading web-sites, watching YouTube and even purchased a new USB Stick. I know this is not a complicated process, I have successfully modified my: wii, PS3, XBOX 360, NDS, PSP, SATNAV and more in the past but it’s just not happening for me. Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? :cry: :cry:

I place the three files:
wdtvhd.bin
wdtvhd.fff
wdtvhd.ver

On the root of my memory card, go to settings and nothing about an update is displayed. I have tried renaming wdtvhd.bin to "1.20.04_WDLXTV_G2-0.4.7.3" and "1.20.04.WDLXTV-0.4.7.3". Wherever I look people only seem to mention renaming the LIVE OR LIVE PLUS files, even the wiki and readme, and I am unsure if I am renaming the file correctly or making another noob mistake. :(

Thank you in advance for any help.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 05:10:26 AM by lloyde1 »

September 18, 2013, 04:37:57 AM
Reply #1

lloyde1

I know you are going to hate me for asking this but how do I install WDLXTV on a Gen 2 running on stock firmware "WDTV_1.01.77". I have spent hours/days reading web-sites, watching YouTube and even purchased a new USB Stick. I know this is not a complicated process, I have successfully modified my: wii, PS3, XBOX 360, NDS, PSP, SATNAV and more in the past but itís just not happening for me. Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? :cry: :cry:

I place the three files:
wdtvhd.bin
wdtvhd.fff
wdtvhd.ver

On the root of my memory card, go to settings and nothing about an update is displayed. I have tried renaming wdtvhd.bin to "1.20.04_WDLXTV_G2-0.4.7.3" and "1.20.04.WDLXTV-0.4.7.3". Wherever I look people only seem to mention renaming the LIVE OR LIVE PLUS files, even the wiki and readme, and I am unsure if I am renaming the file correctly or making another noob mistake. :(

Thank you in advance for any help.

Out of all the people that have read this, not one of you could be bothered to tell me that I had to change text in the file not the file name.
The people over at http://forum.wdlxtv.com could be.

Thanks for all of your help, no really, thanks a lot.