Author Topic: Add and browse torrents via OSD  (Read 26427 times)

June 10, 2009, 05:49:16 PM
Read 26427 times

ninja76

New Version.  The old requirements still apply
Here is the next version.  With some major changes:
1. I removed the spaces from all the main directories to be more compatible.
2. The directory structure is now:
    TorrentTV
        - Active_Downloads
        - Completed
        - RSS_Feeds
                      - My_TV_RSS (or your custom feed)
                      - Allow for multiple feeds (Future improvement)
        - Whats_on_Tonight (Another future feature that will pull TV guide info)
3. Added a TorrentTV.conf file to /apps/TorrentTV/etc where you configure your RSS feed
4.  I would recommend removing everything from TorrentTV.  And run the init.d manually because for some reason it only runs on startup half the time...
5. Improved logging to messages.txt
http://www.mediafire.com/?31unmtd9vmc

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If there was ever a use at your own risk software this is it... Please read all requirements!
WDTV will need perl, perl-libwww and perl-libxml from optware
wget version (1.11.4-1)
Also will need to manually install XML-Simple
Updated XML-Simple Link
http://search.cpan.org/src/GRANTM/XML-Simple-2.18/lib/XML/Simple.pm

Thanks rezmus.  I forgot XML-Simple isn't in the libxml package.  
[/quote]

This app assumes the following directory structure:

/tmp/media/usb/TorrentTV
/tmp/media/usb/TorrentTV/00Completed
/tmp/media/usb/TorrentTV/00Active Torrents
(I know the 00 is not the best way but these are windows shares and windows doesn't like file names to start with a space)
This has only been tested with WDLXTV
I am using uTorrent but this should work with any torrent client that is configured to watch the 00Active Torrents directory and output to the 00Completed directory. Example if you currently use rtorrent on the WDTV just change its watch directories accordingly

Also the getrss.pl script is parsing a certain RSS feed so some tweaking will be required to work with whatever RSS feed you are using.  Again this could easily be modified to work with Usenet RSS feeds also
Also startup will be a little slower because the getrss.pl runs on init.d and depending on the size of the rss feed will effect your boot up.  So don't get worried if it stays longer on a blank screen with booting up

This is the first time I have released anything for public use so once again use at your own risk and don't blame me if it bricks your WDTV!  But enjoy and feel free to do with it as you want

Another also..  A big thanks to elm and LaurentG for there contribs which made this possible
Updated versionhttp://www.mediafire.com/?31unmtd9vmc
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is all possible thanks to the work of others on this board.
Ok here is what I have going on: I have uTorrent running on my Windows PC which is also serving NFS to the WDTV.  I have written a perl script that gets an TV RSS feed and creates a directory structure that makes it able to browse the torrents (works best in list mode).  Then using event-osd (thanks elm!) when you select a torrent the event script downloads the torrent and places it in uTorrent watch directory and off it goes!  I thought about just using rtorrent on the WDTV but I plan on having several WDTV around and I didn't want them all downloading plus if you already have box doing NFS why not just let it handle the DL.  Anyway,  I am working on making an app.bin but in the meantime here are some screenshots:

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 06:49:42 AM by ninja76 »

June 10, 2009, 06:13:04 PM
Reply #1

elmarweber

• WDTV Tools
Looks very good so far. I'm running Azureus on a home server and currently sitting down once a week to manually add my TV episodes because I haven't gotten around to search for a more comfortable solution. Doing this while kicking back in front of the WDTV sounds nice =)

A tip: I see you use 00 to show some folders first. If you use a spaces it is less noticeable and better to read.

ciao,
elm
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 06:18:40 PM by elmarweber »

June 10, 2009, 10:02:38 PM
Reply #2

realtebo

I'm ready to test you planned .app.bin file and happy to read about this !

Please, go on, it's a very very very good idea. I'd like to 'mod' your work to add an RSS item to wchat FIFO file ... Can you post some code yet ?
weecommand.app.bin
Browse and add IRC download via OSD
Prototype 3
Actually stopped

June 10, 2009, 10:35:58 PM
Reply #3

eliafino

Me too...
... this black box is wonderful!

June 11, 2009, 01:52:46 AM
Reply #4

redindian

• True Font Family - Any font, any website, any browser
Nice work! Would be great to be able to add torrents with the OSD.

June 11, 2009, 05:35:19 AM
Reply #5

dcrutgers

Very nice, cant wait to try it.

June 11, 2009, 06:22:35 AM
Reply #6

dcrutgers

Can you add Newzbin RSS feed support to this? That would be awesome.. Same concept, download NZB to watch folder on PC..

June 11, 2009, 06:51:39 AM
Reply #7

zaphod beeblebrox

great!! I opened a discussion about this several days ago and I am glad someone is reallly doing this!! Filtering the main tvrss/eztv/something else feed would be perfect.

With this application and something to see streaming video apart from appletrailers this macchine could become perfect... same features as the pop Corn Hour but less than half the price  ;D

June 11, 2009, 08:12:40 AM
Reply #8

ninja76

Glad to see interest in this.  I will try to get something ready for downloading tonight.

Since tvrss.net is down indefinitely I have started using Yahoo Pipes to create custom rss feeds from eztv.it  but looks like you can use Pipes for any type of data and create an RSS feed

http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.info?_id=5c5e909cb6011fd662b494fe608de4ee

Also this app should work with any "Smart" torrent client that is capable of watching directories

June 11, 2009, 08:38:16 AM
Reply #9

dcrutgers

Awesome! Can't wait for this :)

June 11, 2009, 09:09:23 AM
Reply #10

realtebo

I've just realized a similar thing for browse and add MIRC download via osd.

I'm not able (it's my first app) only to show the 'custom ok message' I see in your screenshot. I think you used event-osd... or not?
weecommand.app.bin
Prototype 3
Actually stopped

June 11, 2009, 09:27:45 AM
Reply #11

rezmus

yep he used event-osd to triger which torrent should be added to queue and the msg box is modified cancel_messagebox.xml / inc_messagebox.xml displayed coz of empty dir. good work btw, wanted to do this for nzbget and rtorrent but i;m just to lazy ;)

edit: just saw ninja76 explained it in other thread.

June 11, 2009, 10:27:48 AM
Reply #12

realtebo

Ho to modify and then restore the 2 messagebox?
weecommand.app.bin
Prototype 3
Actually stopped

June 11, 2009, 06:43:11 PM
Reply #13

ninja76

If there was ever a use at your own risk software this is it... Please read all requirements!
WDTV will need perl, perl-libwww and perl-libxml from optware
wget is also required and it is recommended to use in list mode
This app assumes the following directory structure:

/tmp/media/usb/TorrentTV
/tmp/media/usb/TorrentTV/00Completed
/tmp/media/usb/TorrentTV/00Active Torrents
(I know the 00 is not the best way but these are windows shares and windows doesn't like file names to start with a space)

I am using uTorrent but this should work with any torrent client that is configured to watch the 00Active Torrents directory and output to the 00Completed directory. Example if you currently use rtorrent on the WDTV just change its watch directories accordingly

Also the getrss.pl script is parsing a certain RSS feed so some tweaking will be required to work with whatever RSS feed you are using.  (Specifically it looks for XML tags "title" and "link") Again this could easily be modified to work with Usenet RSS feeds also
Also start up will be a little slower because the getrss.pl runs on init.d and depending on the size of the rss feed will effect your boot up.  So don't get worried if it stays longer on a blank screen with booting up

This is the first time I have released anything for public use so once again use at your own risk and don't blame me if it bricks your WDTV!  But enjoy and feel free to do with it as you want

Another also..  A big thanks to elm and LaurentG for there contribs which made this possible
http://www.mediafire.com/?ji2or0mmn3m
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 06:17:59 AM by ninja76 »

June 12, 2009, 04:48:24 AM
Reply #14

dcrutgers

Awesome, can't wait to test this out! Thanks