Author Topic: Streaming to WD LIVE from SAGEMCOM Router usb port  (Read 2162 times)

May 21, 2012, 11:57:53 AM
Read 2162 times

Ront50

I just had a new media router installed from Bell. It is great that is has a built in usb port that is accessible using the media functions of the WD box. I tried it on a USB stick and it worked fine however when I plug in my external hard drive, it does not find anything but empty folders. On the stick, I had a single avi file in the root but the drive has folders so to test that possible problem, I stored an avi file in the root. It was not found.

The WD already read from the stick so I know it works and every computer can see it typing \\mynetwork ... and navigating to any folder you want. Mapping and sharing would be a crude workaround but I don't believe you can share that external mapped device. The option just doesn't come up.  There has to be some small thing that I am missing so the data can be seen on the external HD from my router. Any ideas and thank you for any light you may be able to shed on this.

Cheers

Ron

July 08, 2012, 05:22:36 AM
Reply #1

maddog2009

I'm having the same problem. Does your's say "Partition Name - not installed" - in the USB connected devices page of the HUB?

April 11, 2014, 09:21:02 PM
Reply #2

pnut

I'm having the same problem. Does your's say "Partition Name - not installed" - in the USB connected devices page of the HUB?

I'm having the same issue with it saying Partition Name - not installed did you manage to figure it out?
Thanks in advance

If i put in small 8GB flash drives it works no problem, but if I connect 500GB and up it never works.