WDLXTV Application Pack
Here are the enhancements included in this application pack:
- new video thumbmail views using ratio 3/4 instead of 2/3 for thumbmails + menus to choose the configuration,
- new view displaying the movie sheet previously generated for example with the softwares Movie GUI Builder or TViXiE,
- access to the network shares even when the media library is off,
- correction of the French translation.Installation
Warning: this application pack requires first the installation of an alternative firmware, either WDLXTV or ext3-boot.
If you had an old version of this application pack, please suppress all the old files from your USB pendrive (or USB hard drive) connected to the WD TVHD. Then unzip the new ZIP file at the same place and reboot.
Warning: you must not have at the same place other app.bin files with a name starting by "LaurentG".Changelog
- fixed: compatibility with the firmware WDLXTV 0.5.5
- changed: the features included in the firmware WDLXTV version 0.5.5 are now disabled by default. It is still possible for users with firmware ext3-boot or old WDLXTV to enable them setting the parameters ENABLE_OSD et ENABLE_AUTOMOUNT to 1 in the main configuration file
- changed: parameter DISABLE_OSD renamed ENABLE_OSD
- changed: parameter DISABLE_AUTOMOUNT renamed ENABLE_AUTOMOUNT
- changed: the custom parameters for each view are now in separate files from the main configuration file and in a sub-folder named "LaurentG_templates"
- new: for the additional information overriding the movie sheet, new parameter ADDITIONAL_INFO_TYPE added in the main configuration file to choose between a text file and a picture file. The files "additional_text.conf.txt" and "additional_picture.conf.txt" allows to customize the display of these data.
- fixed: movie sheets were not displayed with version 1.3 when DISABLE_OSD was set to 1
- fixed: list width within the movie sheet extended view in list mode
- new: fully compatible with ext3-boot firmware
- new: feature to keep the movie sheet of one folder even if then you enter in a sub-folder and display a new movie sheet (movie sheet at several tree levels). It can only work for two levels, for example one level per genre plus a sub-level per movie. The parameter MULTIPLE_SHEETS added in the configuration file can enable this new feature.
- new: feature to have two different views for the display of a movie sheet, each triggered by a different file. The first view is the one included in the previous versions; the new one allows to override the movie sheet with the content of the folder, either with a table of 6 little thumbmails or with a list of 3 file names. The parameter GGER_FILE2, MOVIE_SHEET_VIEW and MOVIE_SHEET_VIEW2 added in the configuration file allow to manage this new feature.
- new: feature to automatically include in the view displaying the movie sheet the content of an OSD file (XML) that would be present in the movie folder. The parameter INCLUDE_OSD_FILE added in the configuration file allows to define the file name to include.
- new: feature to automatically include in the view displaying the movie sheet the content of a text file that would be present in the movie folder. The text overrides the sheet at a location and with characteristics controlled with several parameters in the configuration file. The parameter ADDITIONAL_INFO_FILE added in the configuration file allows to define the file name to display.
- new: access to the folder "OSD Settings" even when parameter DISABLE_OSD is set to 1 (only if the OSD offer several possible configurations)
- new: parameter DISABLE_OSD_SETTINGS_FOLDER added in the configuration file to not display the folder "OSD Settings"
- fixed: display of the movie sheet even if one of the folders leading to the movie file contains special characters
- fixed: management of the FRAME_FILE parameter
- fixed: THUMBNUM and LISTNUM changes are again taken into account when one osd.bin is loaded (for example farscape.osd.bin) and DISABLE_OSD is set to 1
- fixed: compatibility with other OSD themes
- new configuration file modifiable by the user,
- possibility to disable, using the configuration file, certain features of this application pack,
- possibility to customize, using the configuration file, the placement and looking of elements overriding the movie sheet.New video thumbmail views using ratio 3/4 for thumbmails
Four new views configurations are provided:
- 3 lines of 7 video thumbs, each thumb having resolution 120x160
- 2 lines of 6 video thumbs, each thumb having resolution 150x200
- 2 lines of 5 video thumbs, each thumb having resolution 180x240
- 1 line of 4 video thumbs, each thumb having resolution 225x300
Of course, the configurations provided with the WDLXTV firmware are still available.
The easiest way is to choose the configuration directly in the menus of the WD TVHD. You have to enter in the video folders then choose "OSD Settings" then "Thumbmail resolution in video thumbmail mode" and finally select the resolution.
For people who prefer using the command line, you have to run one of the following commands:
config_tool -c THUMBRESO="120x160"
config_tool -c THUMBRESO="150x200"
config_tool -c THUMBRESO="180x240"
config_tool -c THUMBRESO="225x300"
config_tool -c THUMBRESO="120x180"
config_tool -c THUMBRESO="163x245"
config_tool -c THUMBRESO="240x360"
The command can be run from a telnet session or can be included in the file "S00custom-options" placed at the root of the USB pendrive or the hard drive connected to the WD TVHD.
The choice of configuration is kept even when the power is unplugged. So it will not be necessary to select again the configuration after each boot.New view displaying the movie sheet
To use this view mode, it is necessary to create a particular file tree on your hard drive. For each movie, you have to create a folder named with the title of the movie and containing at least:
- the file "wd_tv.jpg", the movie form,
- the video file, whatever its name.
The folder can contain other files:
- the file "folder.jpg", the movie poster,
- the file "wd_tv.txt", a file containing additional data to display,
- the file "wd_tv_osd.xml", an additional OSD file to include in the view.
Softwares like Movie GUI Builder or TViXiE allow creating easily the movie sheets, getting the main data from internet and let you designing the templates. You have just to configure them to generate a JPEG file in resolution 1280x720.
From the menus of the WD TVHD, as soon as you enter in a folder of this kind, the movie sheet appears in background and the name of the first video file contained in this folder is displayed at bottom of the screen. If the folder contains several video files, the top and bottom remote keys allow navigating through the files.Configuration file
The file "LaurentG.conf.txt" is documented. It contains comments (lines beginning with #) and data (lines with "parameter=value").
Please read the file to check what you can do.Compatibility with the other app.bin and osd.bin
This application pack is compatible with all the OSD themes provided as a file osd.bin. It is necessary to set the parameter DISABLE_OSD to 1 in the configuration file. Verified themes: farscape.osd.bin and lilibabe.osd.bin.
This application pack is compatible with the OSD themes provided as a file app.bin if they are built as explained (method #2) on the b-rad WEB site ( http://b-rad.cc/877/wdtv-osd-how-to-make-a-custom-theme
). It is necessary to set the parameter DISABLE_OSD to 1 in the configuration file. Verified theme: farscape.app.bin.
This application pack is not compatible with juliojs's application pack osdMod.app.bin in version 0.4.0.5.Thanks
Special thanks to elmarweber and rezmus as several elements of this pack are coming from or rely on their components, like for example event-osd.Known problems
- compatibility with juliojs's application pack osdMod.app.bin in version 0.4.0.5
- the display of text contained in the file "wd_tv.txt" is not correct if it contains special characters.
- eject of the USB drive can fail and lock the WD TVHD if a movie sheet was consulted during browsing.