Author Topic: My pack enhancing OSD  (Read 241551 times)

December 19, 2009, 01:21:53 PM
Reply #330

jdiehl

So,

everything works fine now. First I removed the app from my USB device. Then copied it new to it. Nothing change in the config file. Really nothing. Then used the Movie sheet generator for win. After that everything works fine!

Any idea what fixed it for you?

I just bought the WD TV Live from Best Buy and upgraded the firmware to WDLXTV-LIVE-0.3.1 (that was easy).

I have all of my movies on a 500GB WD Passport (NTFS format) and have used the WDTV Movie Sheet Generator to make nice pages for each movie.

I downloaded the LaurentG pack to a 2GB USB thumb drive (FAT32 format), didn't touch any of the files, and tried to install/power cycled several times, etc... but got nowhere.

The only change that I see that it has made is in the video folder section, I see a third option (as you described).

1) My Passport 500GB
2) OSD Settings
3) USB1

In the OSD Settings, I see two options for "number of items in list mode" and "Thumbmail resolution in video thumbmail mode" and they show up as folders.  Each of those folders has subfolders to select what options you want, but it does nothing.

All I'm wanting to do is use the movie screens, otherwise the OEM 1.01.11 firmware was working fine with just folder thumbnails (also, I lost the ability to access my WDTV from my PC, as a network share, but I'm sure that's in a config file somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

December 21, 2009, 02:09:43 AM
Reply #331

Lister of Smeg

@jdiehl,

This forum is for the WDTV v1 only and not the Live for your info. You may get better answers/results in the other forum.

As far as i'm aware the LaurentG mod is for the WDTV v1 only and doesn't work with the WDTV Live.
WDLXTV 0.5.8.1
Titi MSheet Mod v2.1.0
Lilibabe Simple & Unadorned v3 OSD Mod

December 29, 2009, 12:11:24 PM
Reply #332

dextro

Ok just a quick question: I was wondering if there was a way to do something like this:

What I want to do is have a custom background image for my TV Show folders and list the files bellow.

December 30, 2009, 01:58:37 AM
Reply #333

Lister of Smeg

@dextro,

You can do that with the MSheet MOD from Titi or with LaurentG.

In LaurentG you need to set the Sheet view to "Extended" in the config file.

Thanks
WDLXTV 0.5.8.1
Titi MSheet Mod v2.1.0

December 30, 2009, 06:05:54 AM
Reply #334

dextro

@dextro,

You can do that with the MSheet MOD from Titi or with LaurentG.

In LaurentG you need to set the Sheet view to "Extended" in the config file.

Thanks

But can I do it on a per folder basis?

December 30, 2009, 06:37:30 AM
Reply #335

Lister of Smeg

If you want one Moviesheet per folder (Like the screenshot you provided) then you will be fine with either MSheet or LaurentG. If using LaurentG you need to use the "Extended" Sheet view (not "basic") to get the desired effect.

The only thing you can't do with LaurentG is have multiple video files in a folder and have seperate moviesheets for each.... but Titi's MSheet can

Hope that helps
WDLXTV 0.5.8.1
Titi MSheet Mod v2.1.0

December 30, 2009, 06:49:44 AM
Reply #336

dextro

If you want one Moviesheet per folder (Like the screenshot you provided) then you will be fine with either MSheet or LaurentG. If using LaurentG you need to use the "Extended" Sheet view (not "basic") to get the desired effect.

The only thing you can't do with LaurentG is have multiple video files in a folder and have seperate moviesheets for each.... but Titi's MSheet can

Hope that helps

The problem is I have a folder for tv shows and one for movies. I want the TV Shows to use the "Extended" Sheet View and the Movies do use the "Basic".

December 30, 2009, 07:05:27 AM
Reply #337

Lister of Smeg

The problem is I have a folder for tv shows and one for movies. I want the TV Shows to use the "Extended" Sheet View and the Movies do use the "Basic".

Thats fine. LaurentG allows for two trigger files. I use wdtv.jpg as my main trigger files for films using the "basic" view. Then i use wdtv2.jpg as the 2nd trigger file for use with my TV Shows using the "extended" view.

Just ensure you set both trigger files in the config and ensure you set the correct view for each trigger.
WDLXTV 0.5.8.1
Titi MSheet Mod v2.1.0

December 30, 2009, 07:23:01 AM
Reply #338

dextro

Thats fine. LaurentG allows for two trigger files. I use wdtv.jpg as my main trigger files for films using the "basic" view. Then i use wdtv2.jpg as the 2nd trigger file for use with my TV Shows using the "extended" view.

Just ensure you set both trigger files in the config and ensure you set the correct view for each trigger.

Thank you very much, that just might be the solution. I'll try it as soon as I get a change. :)

EDIT: It works, thanks. But now I've got something else: I'm wondering if there's a way to force a folder to be shown in list mode instead of thumbnail mode (my default).
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 07:40:05 AM by dextro »

December 31, 2009, 02:37:30 AM
Reply #339

Lister of Smeg

Thank you very much, that just might be the solution. I'll try it as soon as I get a change. :)

EDIT: It works, thanks. But now I've got something else: I'm wondering if there's a way to force a folder to be shown in list mode instead of thumbnail mode (my default).

You can have LaurentG display the "extended" sheet view in either Thumbs or List. But you cannot specify individual folders for a specific type of view. You have to pick either thumbs or list for all of the "extended" views.

On a side note, Titi's MSheet does allow for different views for each folder. Maybe you should consider that as an alternative?
WDLXTV 0.5.8.1
Titi MSheet Mod v2.1.0

January 03, 2010, 09:03:22 AM
Reply #340

Scherzzo

Can this mod work on the wdtv live? If so im upgrading!

January 03, 2010, 02:26:44 PM
Reply #341

Fissionchips

I'm having an issue with this mod. I've set up a couple directories as containers for multiple movie folders. I set a background as wd_tv2.jpg and have it display the movie folders in list mode. The movie folders each have a wd_tv.jpg for a background.

When I enter a movie folder it will change the background to that of the movie folder, however when I go back to the parent directory the background remains that of the movie I was just looking at instead of displaying the wd_tv2.jpg of the directory.

Any ideas?

January 04, 2010, 03:40:31 AM
Reply #342

Lister of Smeg

@Fissionchips,

You need to enable "Multiple Sheets" in the LaurentG config file.

It should look like this:-

Multiple Sheets=1

That will correct your problem.

Thanks
WDLXTV 0.5.8.1
Titi MSheet Mod v2.1.0

January 04, 2010, 10:41:27 AM
Reply #343

EcDraven

I need help being trying everything for the last 3 days and no luck using new firmware laurentg 1.3.2 and msheet 2 mod and cannot get to work on my wdtv gen one, trying to use tvixie files to get to work for display is there a basic step by step guide to get the osd to work need help!!!!!

thanks in advance

January 04, 2010, 05:07:27 PM
Reply #344

Pangadaywalker

Hey Laurent I was reading but it seems that the asnwer for my question was left in the air, so sorry if I am asking again.

OK. If I use your OSD and with MSheet. Once I unplug the HDD I will have to make a could reboot again right?

If I left my WDTV off (only in the RC) unplug the HDD and after turn the HDD and turn it on with the CR the MSheet stops to work right??

Is there a way to leave the MSheet loaded without having to cold reboot all the time?

I can't leave the HDD connected because I have an external case with PS. So I have to turn it off if not it will eat my HDD alive.

Thks for the help.

Cheers
My set: