WDLXTV Application PackLaurentG.app.bin version 1.1Download
Here are the enhancements included in this application pack:
- new video thumbmail views using ratio 3/4 instead of 2/3 for thumbmails + menus to choose the configuration,
- new view displaying the movie sheet previously generated for example with the softwares Movie GUI Builder or TViXiE,
- access to the network shares even when the media library is off,
- correction of the French translation.Installation
Warning: this application pack requires the WDLXTV firmware version 0.5.3.2.
Unzip the ZIP file at the root of your USB key or USB hard drive connected to the WD TVHD, and then reboot.
Warning: you must not have at the same place other app.bin files with a name starting by "LaurentG".Changelog
- new configuration file modifiable by the user,
- possibility to disable, using the configuration file, certain features of this application pack,
- possibility to customize, using the configuration file, the placement and looking of elements overriding the movie sheet.New video thumbmail views using ratio 3/4 for thumbmails
Four new views configurations are provided:
- 3 lines of 7 video thumbs, each thumb having resolution 120x160
- 2 lines of 6 video thumbs, each thumb having resolution 150x200
- 2 lines of 5 video thumbs, each thumb having resolution 180x240
- 1 line of 4 video thumbs, each thumb having resolution 225x300
Of course, the configurations provided with the WDLXTV firmware are still available.
The easiest way is to choose the configuration directly in the menus of the WD TVHD. You have to enter in the video folders then choose "OSD Settings" then "Thumbmail resolution in video thumbmail mode" and finally select the resolution.
For people who prefer using the command line, you have to run one of the following commands:
config_tool -c THUMBRESO="120x160"
config_tool -c THUMBRESO="150x200"
config_tool -c THUMBRESO="180x240"
config_tool -c THUMBRESO="225x300"
config_tool -c THUMBRESO="120x180"
config_tool -c THUMBRESO="163x245"
config_tool -c THUMBRESO="240x360"
The command can be run from a telnet session or can be included in the file "S00custom-options" placed at the root of the USB key or the hard drive connected to the WD TVHD.
The choice of configuration is kept even when the power is unplugged. So it will not be necessary to select again the configuration after each boot.New view displaying the movie sheet
To use this view mode, it is necessary to create a particular file tree on your hard drive. For each movie, you have to create a folder named with the title of the movie and containing:
- the file "folder.jpg", the movie poster,
- the file "wd_tv.jpg", the movie form,
- the video file, whatever its name.
Softwares like Movie GUI Builder or TViXiE allow creating easily the movie sheets, getting the main data from internet and let you designing the templates. You have just to configure them to generate a JPEG file in resolution 1280x720.
From the menus of the WD TVHD, as soon as you enter in a folder of this kind, the movie sheet appears in background and the name of the first video file contained in this folder is displayed at bottom of the screen. If the folder contains several video files, the top and bottom remote keys allow navigating through the files.Configuration file
The file "LaurentG.conf.txt" is documented. It contains comments (lines beginning with #) and data (lines with "parameter=value").
Please read the file to check what you can do.Known bugs
- the movie sheet is not displayed if the one of the folders leading to the movie file contains in its name a special character.