Author Topic: WD TV Live goes to menu while playing MKV with audio still playing  (Read 2153 times)

March 06, 2012, 01:23:13 PM
Read 2153 times

GroovyChicken

Hi there,

I'm new here so a "Hello there!" first.

I bought my WD TV Live Streaming Media Player about 6 weeks ago and was quite pleased with it until about 3 weeks ago when my WDTV Live started to act up now and again.

The issue: while playing MKVs the WD TV will just revert back to the menu with the spinning scanner icon while the audio of the movie is still playing. I've tried every firmware so far but the issue is still there. I have to click on the MKV file again, it will then ask me if I want to continue and it'll start playing again for a while before it happens again.

Before I decide to get in my car and drive into a wall screaming my head off, I thought I'd find out if there's a simple solution to the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers & Regards,
Michael

March 18, 2012, 03:35:10 AM
Reply #1

GroovyChicken

Wow. No feedback on this issue? :(

Question: what kind of external HDD schould I not use? What make should I avoid? Should I just stick to the compatible/recommended HDDs in the manual?

TIA
Michael

March 18, 2012, 06:16:09 AM
Reply #2

RavRob

• DeSpammer

The live streaming is not well known.  Maybe call WD support would be best.

HDD can be just about anything.  However, the portable ones with no power supply can sometimes cause  random problems.  Strongly suggested to use one with its own power supply. 

Again, this device is not well known, I don't own one so this is just based on what I have....a Live (1st Gen)
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

March 19, 2012, 05:27:03 PM
Reply #3

Phoenixlee

• cheap tiffany
For more tips you can come to cheap tiffany tiffany uk tissot

May 07, 2012, 05:21:40 AM
Reply #4

cosys

Hello - new member here too - also with this same problem

I'm using the latest Live, having used a Gen 2 for a number of years. I've always used usb-powered hard drives and never had the problem until the last few weeks. I'm wondering whether it might have coincided with the last firmware update (1.07.18) but I can't be sure.

It happens as the OP described but for me it is with AVI and mp4 files. I rarely use mkv. Not every time either, sometimes I can watch an entire program or movie without it happening. Other times it can happen 2 or 3 times. The picture just goes, the audio continues, and I am offered the option of resuming or starting from the beginning. Very strange.

Anyway I just wanted to tell someone - I don't know if it will help.

Maybe I'll also give WD Support a try

May 07, 2012, 06:57:21 AM
Reply #5

RavRob

• DeSpammer

Maybe revert back to the older firmware and see if that fixes the problem.  As you say, it could be the new firmware.  WD has been known to fix one issue and introduce 2 more in the process.
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

May 08, 2012, 01:15:07 PM
Reply #6

cosys

I didn't realise I could go backwards.

Maybe I will try that if it becomes too annoying.

Thanks for replying  :)